No announcement yet.

Experimental Patches Revised For AMDGPU HDMI Stereo 3D, DAL/DC Now Supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experimental Patches Revised For AMDGPU HDMI Stereo 3D, DAL/DC Now Supported

Phoronix: Experimental Patches Revised For AMDGPU HDMI Stereo 3D, DAL/DC Now Supported

Last month an independent contributor to the AMD Linux graphics stack posted AMDGPU patches for HDMI Stereo 3D support within this open-source Radeon DRM driver. Those patches were rather dismissed in part because they didn't implement the support along the new DAL/DC display code-paths, but that has now changed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I do have access to a 3D projector... but I don't have any glasses. Those things are expensive

Comment

Ugh - not DAL again. Why not just make DAL a layer on top of Linux DRM? That way, it won't duplicate existing DRM infrastructure, and AMDGPU Pro driver can talk to DAL, so they don't have to duplicate code between Windows and Linux drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
        just
        There's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
          Why not just make DAL a layer on top of Linux DRM
          because dal is implementation of linux drm

Comment

Neat, but 3D is still pointless on average and has 0% penetration in the mass market.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Neat, but 3D is still pointless on average and has 0% penetration in the mass market.
              3D is pointless in the consumer market, because you get used to it. But check midnightplanets.com, it's full of stereo mars pictures, it's cool! I used my 3D television to see them. I would say that 3d technology is useful for remote robots. Like a robot in a nuclear power plant or in the depths of the oceans.

Comment

Wow... I've been waiting for ages to try 3D rendering... My nvidia didn't work (still doesn't), and my ati also didn't work... again shows how much better it is to have open drivers.

Comment

Working...
                X