No announcement yet.

Fresh RadeonSI Mesa Git Gaming Benchmarks On 7 Linux Desktops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer xfce myself, because it gives enough settings to my taste, is light enough, retro enough and fast enough - but that's just me. Up until recently, enabling compositing with it would cause a huge fps drops in some games (Saints Row 2,3,4), but not anymore or at least not as much. I find Unity and KDE to be too heavy and I don't subscribe to Gnome3 - I understand its appeal but I don't subscribe to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
      XFCE has a fairly severe compositor bug that greatly impacts performance. Given that, I think any new tests should involve disabling the XFCE compositor.
      Yep, I'd also prefer to see Xfce tests done with compositing disabled, as on Xfce the benefits it brings are minor, but the performance impact is not.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        Considering that LXQt is about to kill off LXDE, having both LXDE and LXQT in the benchmarks would be nice.
        I missed LXQt too.
        Last edited by drSeehas; 26 February 2017, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
          XFCE has a fairly severe compositor bug that greatly impacts performance. Given that, I think any new tests should involve disabling the XFCE compositor.
          No, XFCE is absolutely bug-free, this cannot happen.

Comment

Working...
          X