Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Publishes A SteamVR Developer Build For Linux

Phoronix: Valve Publishes A SteamVR Developer Build For Linux

Valve has begun rolling out their SteamVR Linux support by announcing today a beta/developer build of their VR support for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Linux certainly has come a long way +1 to all the companies invested in making it happen

Comment

Great news! I'm looking forward to those linux Vive tests.

Comment

@Michael:

Valve is now providing a special radv Vulkan driver with VR extensions in their updated repo: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/SteamVR-for-Linux

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          @Michael:

Valve is now providing a special radv Vulkan driver with VR extensions in their updated repo: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/SteamVR-for-Linux
          Grr they're using github for goodness sake, could they not put the code up as well as the binary?

I checked their mesa tree too and it's very old

Comment

Michael that's awesome. To think that in the near future you might have an AMD Ryzen + AMD Vega + HTC Vive review in the works; would be a great review.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

Grr they're using github for goodness sake, could they not put the code up as well as the binary?

I checked their mesa tree too and it's very old
              Khronos has not yet released the extensions to the public.

Dave.

Comment

I wonder if it is just coincidence that this and the announcement from Croteam both came shortly before GDC which Valve have used in the past for some major announcements.

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post
                  I wonder if it is just coincidence that this and the announcement from Croteam both came shortly before GDC which Valve have used in the past for some major announcements.
                  No coincidence. Croteam had to wait for Valve. Now that Valve woke up, Croteam could announce their thing as well.

Comment

My Dan A4 SFX is on the way from Germany, I can't wait to cram a Ryzen R7 1700 and a Vega in it and Vive it up on Free gpu drivers!
                    "There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?" ~Prophet of Truth

Comment

Working...
                    X