Linux 4.10 Kernel Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

It is dead easy to create a custom kernel from latest amdgpu kernel code when I found stable kernel settings in one week, see:
    https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...in-living-room
    I thought you were always bashing software for not being as noobie-friendly enough as Xfce and Debian, but now you're suggesting compiling a custom kernel? How is that noobie-friendly?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      You find both branches from the drop down list at top right of this page:
      https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...-next-4.11-wip
      Ideally these branches should be private, so that people like you can't troll about them What you see there is AMD's staging and semi-internal stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I thought you were always bashing software for not being as noobie-friendly enough as Xfce and Debian, but now you're suggesting compiling a custom kernel? How is that noobie-friendly?
        He became more troll active, since Debian Testing was frozen 15 days ago. So things are boring there now for him, as troll can't roll anymore

Comment

Also he recommending what he had learned last year and that is to compile kernel

Reason he is recommending Ubuntu mesa PPA on Debian is that as he don't know how to compile 32bit mesa on 64bit system So instead of asking questions like normal people when they don't know something or search how to do that he just choosed bullshit and decided to troll around, that is much easier as he know everything the best

Trolls are easy to understand, these always have easy solution for everything while in the same time hide the fact how much they actually don't know

He was also troll last year as he first appeared in the forums when he used fglrx, same troll who just changed object
          Last edited by dungeon; 20 February 2017, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Just use Arch with the Mesa Git Repo and install the AMD Staging Kernel. That's currently 4.9 and it works like a charm! Audio via Bluetooth is working! (:

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

Before you're mislead by our resident moron/troll (debianxfce) into doing something stupid I assume you're talking about DAL/DC to be merged into AMDGPU (the kernel driver) and not about the driver itself being merged into the kernel (which happened in 2015)?
              Doh! Yes, I meant DC. I wrote that at ~ 2 AM and I was a little tired :-)

Comment

Not sure, but my RX480 , work's with kernel 4.10, out of the box i can play WoW with 75 Fps 1440x900 , without the AMDGPU-DRIVER 16.60 installed is kernel 4.10 supporting RX 's of AMD out of the box ? O yeah use ubuntu 16.06 LTS x64
                ---
                david@DESKTOP:~$ uname -a
                Linux DESKTOP 4.10.0-041000-lowlatency #201702191831 SMP PREEMPT Sun Feb 19 23:36:31 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                david@DESKTOP:~$ find /dev -group video
                /dev/fb0
                /dev/dri/card0
                /dev/dri/renderD128
                david@DESKTOP:~$ lspci | grep VGA
                01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 67df (rev cf)
                david@DESKTOP:~$ glxinfo | grep -i vendor
                server glx vendor string: SGI
                client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
                Vendor: X.Org (0x1002)
                OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                david@DESKTOP:~$
                glxinfo | grep OpenGL
                OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD POLARIS10 (DRM 3.9.0 / 4.10.0-041000-lowlatency, LLVM 3.9.1)
                OpenGL core profile version string: 4.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 13.0.4
                OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.30
                OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
                OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
                OpenGL core profile extensions:
                OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 13.0.4
                OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                OpenGL context flags: (none)
                OpenGL extensions:
                OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 13.0.4
                OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
                OpenGL ES profile extensions:
                Last edited by davidvt; 20 February 2017, 10:11 AM. Reason: Sure no AMD driver is installed !!

Comment

Originally posted by davidvt View Post
                  Not sure, but my RX480 , work's with kernel 4.10, out of the box i can play WoW with 75 Fps 1440x900 , without the AMDGPU-DRIVER 16.60 installed is kernel 4.10 supporting RX 's of AMD out of the box ? O yeah use ubuntu 16.06 LTS x64
                  You are using the opensource driver (called AMDGPU), and Mesa (opensource 3D acceleration provider). AMDGPU is shipped with the kernel like all other opensource drivers, Mesa is also shipped by default in most linux systems.

The driver you install from AMD site is called AMDGPU-PRO and is made by combining AMDGPU with a proprietary 3D acceleration provider.

Comment

Originally posted by indepe View Post

Well, that's the 4.10 code name, isn't it?
                    Ok, what am i missing

Comment

Originally posted by davidvt View Post
                      ---
                      david@DESKTOP:~$ uname -a
                      Linux DESKTOP 4.10.0-041000-lowlatency #201702191831 SMP PREEMPT Sun Feb 19 23:36:31 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                      david@DESKTOP:~$ find /dev -group video
                      /dev/fb0
                      /dev/dri/card0
                      /dev/dri/renderD128
                      david@DESKTOP:~$ lspci | grep VGA
                      01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 67df (rev cf)
                      david@DESKTOP:~$ glxinfo | grep -i vendor
                      server glx vendor string: SGI
                      client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
                      Vendor: X.Org (0x1002)
                      david@DESKTOP:~$
                      glxinfo | grep OpenGL
                      OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD POLARIS10 (DRM 3.9.0 / 4.10.0-041000-lowlatency, LLVM 3.9.1)
                      OpenGL core profile version string: 4.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 13.0.4
                      OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.30
                      OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
                      OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
                      OpenGL core profile extensions:
                      OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 13.0.4
                      OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
                      OpenGL context flags: (none)
                      OpenGL extensions:
                      OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 13.0.4
                      OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
                      OpenGL ES profile extensions:
                      More than you ever wanted to know about the Linux graphics stack... BUT READABLE!

He's got a number of posts like that, including a series that goes into the weeds of the X protocol. Again, they are all very readable.

Comment

Working...
                      X