CompuLab Has Upgraded Their Small Form Factor "IPC" Line To Kabylake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CompuLab Has Upgraded Their Small Form Factor "IPC" Line To Kabylake

Phoronix: CompuLab Has Upgraded Their Small Form Factor "IPC" Line To Kabylake

Our friends and Linux-friendly PC vendor, CompuLab, have announced a new "IPC" line-up of their small form factor computers now with Intel Kabylake processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael do you know if CompuLab will have a new PC with the new AMD CPUs/APUs? They have the fit-pc4 as the latest PC housing an AMD inside

Comment

We are in continuous contact with AMD. It is public knowledge that AMD is focused on a major architecture change with Ryzen. Compulab hopes to introduce more AMD based products in the future.

Comment

An Airtop with Ryzen/AMD gfx would be very nice.

Comment

I think so too...

Comment

And a round/curved design that makes it impossible to stack devices on top of each other.

Old Bluetooth 4 instead of new Bluetooth 5. Not even 4.1 or 4.2.
            No USB Type-C.

Comment

Originally posted by Compulab View Post
              I think so too...
              What do you think about building bare metal routers ? There are two major makers of Linux routers for SMBs - Ubiquiti and Mikrotik. While Ubiquiti is more open to the community it is not up to date with emerging tech like wireguard.io. I've bought a filtel to test drive it and it looks good, but does not really fit for the job. For a small office it is too expensive, but for a medium one you cant mount it to a rack. As a router it should have rj45 console port and as an industrial pc it should have vga port not hdmi.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergey View Post
                What do you think about building bare metal routers ? There are two major makers of Linux routers for SMBs - Ubiquiti and Mikrotik. While Ubiquiti is more open to the community it is not up to date with emerging tech like wireguard.io. I've bought a filtel to test drive it and it looks good, but does not really fit for the job. For a small office it is too expensive, but for a medium one you cant mount it to a rack. As a router it should have rj45 console port and as an industrial pc it should have vga port not hdmi.
                +1 to this. There are linux distros oriented to embedded or networking like LEDE/OpenWRT, that already have a x86 version used also on router boards from PCengines, so adding support would be easy.

Comment

I hope compulab track clicks through to their site and decide to sponsor or donate to Phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
                    I hope compulab track clicks through to their site and decide to sponsor or donate to Phoronix.
                    CompuLab does provide review samples to Phoronix of new products, as stated in that article.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X