Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 17.0-RC1 Released

Phoronix: Mesa 17.0-RC1 Released

The first release candidate of Mesa 17.0 (formerly known as Mesa 13.1) is now available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"OpenGL 4.2 for Haswell"
    I got Haswell and Mesa 17 and it's got GL 4.5

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      "OpenGL 4.2 for Haswell"
      I got Haswell and Mesa 17 and it's got GL 4.5
      non official opengl 4.5, intel need to pass the kronos tests yet

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

non official opengl 4.5, intel need to pass the kronos tests yet
        It's advertised by their driver, that's all I care about, both as a user and as an OpenGL dev.

Comment

Plenty of good progress on the main drivers (nouveau, radeonsi, i965, anv and radv), plus also pleasing developments on the more boutique open source graphics drivers like vc4 and etnaviv for single board computers.

Comment

And I will enjoy the shit out of OpenGL 4.0 for my IvyBridge. When it gets here.

Is Sandy Bridge already at its max OGL support level (3.3 I believe it was). Just wondering as I do some volunteer support for older hardware and keep forgetting the Intel VGA/OGL versions.
            Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
              Is Sandy Bridge already at its max OGL support level (3.3 I believe it was).
              Yes. Sandy Bridge is maxed out at GL 3.3.

Comment

heh, using Mich's own site for it:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

and another piece

So beggers the question (which Michael ahs given up asking) wtf took so long to get Ivy Bridge done properly.
                Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                  So beggers the question (which Michael ahs given up asking) wtf took so long to get Ivy Bridge done properly.
                  Well, apparently fp64 support on the older intel hardware is just a nightmare to deal with.

Although I think it's safe to say they could have gotten it done a year ago if they had prioritized it. The patches have been around quite a while but stuff like NIR and Vulkan have taken up quite a bit of dev time, and the people sticking with GL have focused more on getting their newer hardware up to 4.5 rather than the older hardware. I suppose the logic there is that there aren't many apps that use GL4 and also run fast enough on Ivy Bridge to care much about.
                  Last edited by smitty3268; 20 January 2017, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X