Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonTop 1.0 Released For Viewing AMD Linux GPU Utilization

Phoronix: RadeonTop 1.0 Released For Viewing AMD Linux GPU Utilization

With AMD having not yet opened up their Catalyst Control Center / Radeon Software Center for AMDGPU Linux, using RadeonTop is one of the third-party ways to see your GPU utilization...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Screenshot of RadeonTop?
    Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

Looks like it was tagged today, however the code last modified on Oct 28, 2016.

Thanks for letting us know. I'm very keen to test it.

Comment

Just heard of that project for the first time, thanks for letting us know!

Comment

I'm glad to see it doesn't need root access anymore.

What I'd like is a more readily parse-able output. The current output is fine but I don't know of any way where I can pipe the output to another program.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            With AMD having not yet opened up their Catalyst Control Center / Radeon Software Center for AMDGPU Linux, using RadeonTop is one of the third-party ways to see your GPU utilization...
            Just to avoid misunderstanding, there is no "Catalyst Control Center / Radeon Software Center for AMDGPU Linux" today to open up.

First we would have to implement the features that the GUI controls in the driver, then we would have to port the GUI across to Linux (different interfaces, different driver capabilities etc..).
            Test signature

Comment

Is it for AMDGPU, AMDGPUPRO or both?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Just to avoid misunderstanding, there is no "Catalyst Control Center / Radeon Software Center for AMDGPU Linux" today to open up.

First we would have to implement the features that the GUI controls in the driver, then we would have to port the GUI across to Linux (different interfaces, different driver capabilities etc..).
                Just exposing the controls through some /proc/* files would already go a long way. Anyone can then choose to create a UI/higher-level tool for managing those if they want to

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
                  Looks like it was tagged today, however the code last modified on Oct 28, 2016.
                  I'm on Debian, which has the previously tagged version. I asked for an update but I got back that pretty much only stable releases get pulled in and to ask upstream to tag a new release. So I created an issue on github for radeontop to tag a new version. And it seems like we're now at 1.0. Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Otus View Post
                    Is it for AMDGPU, AMDGPUPRO or both?
                    For AMDGPU & Radeon. Might work on the PRO thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X