Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 378.09 Driver Adds Multi-Threaded GLSL Shader Compilation, Vulkan Extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony25 View Post
    And normally, they also fix a suspend issue with gtx9xx and gtx10xx gpus: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/t...54788/#5054788
    Thank the lord. That's been driving me nuts.

Comment

kwin_x11 and compositing still broken,

also settings of kwin_x11 crash immediately upon attempted launch

/sigh

this has been going on since 375.20 !

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
        kwin_x11 and compositing still broken,

also settings of kwin_x11 crash immediately upon attempted launch

/sigh

this has been going on since 375.20 !
        nvidia-drivers-375.26 here and no problem. any errors?

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

nvidia-drivers-375.26 here and no problem. any errors?
          Unfortunately not - it just crashes and then relaunched without compositing,

it's saying that compositing couldn't load/start

perhaps it's due to running a hardened toolchain and a kernel which was compiled by a hardened toolchain, don't know

At least it shouldn't make a difference since with 370.28 it works fine

Comment

At simple seek this drivers works normally with wine 2.0 rc5

However more tests are needed

Comment

A new extension means it is currently used by nothing. It may be used in the future by stuff that should be using Vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post

Unfortunately not - it just crashes and then relaunched without compositing,

it's saying that compositing couldn't load/start

perhaps it's due to running a hardened toolchain and a kernel which was compiled by a hardened toolchain, don't know

At least it shouldn't make a difference since with 370.28 it works fine
                Perhaps its time to check logs and backtraces, you are running linux after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  ??? RadeonSI nor any other Mesa extensions currently have GL_ARB_parallel_shader_compile flipped on.
                  Nvidia actually cached compiled shaders for ages, Mesa still doesn't have this functionality mainlined IIRC (there have been many posts on this subreddit).
                  Basically, now they have both multithreaded compilation (faster first time compile for things like start of deus ex: man kind divided - it took like several minutes on clean cache before, it was instant on subsequent game starts). I think I will delete my cache and reset DE:MKD just to see if it takes shorter time to come up on clean cache.

Edit: it seems that MKD doesn't take advantage of it, it remains single threaded. I guess there was no point in using it before when only nvidia drivers were supported and they didn't have it at the time.
                  Last edited by Guest; 19 January 2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X