Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Nearly Clearing The OpenGL 4.5 Conformance Test Suite

Phoronix: RadeonSI Nearly Clearing The OpenGL 4.5 Conformance Test Suite

While RadeonSI in Mesa Git exposes OpenGL 4.5, it hasn't yet formally passed the OpenGL 4.5 Conformance Test Suite (CTS) for certifying the OpenGL driver. But now it looks like this open-source Radeon Linux graphics driver has about all OpenGL CTS failures addressed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is awesome news! It would be even more awesome if they managed it for mesa 17.0...

Nitpick question : any chance the r600 driver gets some more OpenGL 4.x compliance? Cayman series and the like can go up to 4.5...

Comment

Congratulations, that sounds already very good. I guess they'll have a celebration once the test is officially passed.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
        Congratulations, that sounds already very good. I guess they'll have a celebration once the test is officially passed.
        I don't think there is any plan to do that. there are 10 officially conformant OpenGL implementations on Linux and all of them are nVidia. [0]

[0] https://www.khronos.org/conformance/...roducts#opengl

Comment

Then need Vulkan, OpenCL and performance optimizations.

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
            Nitpick question : any chance the r600 driver gets some more OpenGL 4.x compliance?
            its main developer is busy working on radv

Comment

Next up could be some of the AZDO extensions... ?

Comment

Looking forward to OpenCL 1.2 support; as it stands the current libclc is worthless. And no, I don't want custom PPA files to test against.

Comment

I wonder if we will start getting a control panel and some more advanced features then (eyefinity could be cool, as would be wattman)

Comment

Originally posted by orome View Post

I don't think there is any plan to do that. there are 10 officially conformant OpenGL implementations on Linux and all of them are nVidia. [0]

[0] https://www.khronos.org/conformance/...roducts#opengl
                    ...and all of them proprietary AFAIK.

Comment

Working...
                    X