Chrome 56 Beta Ships With WebGL 2.0 Enabled By Default & Much More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 56 Beta Ships With WebGL 2.0 Enabled By Default & Much More

Phoronix: Chrome 56 Beta Ships With WebGL 2.0 Enabled By Default & Much More

Google has announced the release of the Chrome 56 beta and it comes with a good amount of changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i think Firefox 51 will come with WebGl 2.0 by default.

Comment

Please Fix!

Google Chrome 56beta (and Chromium) both lock up under Fedora 25 (64bit). Every couple of seconds the browser locks up (not giving any error output on the console) and simply halts. With luck you can reach one of the Terminals (if open) and enter killall chrome to kill it off.

There has been quite a lot of people reporting this issue in the past couple of days (when Fedora 25 ot released) some argue its related to the radon driver, others argue its because of a memory leak and others say it often happens when going on youtube.

Wished they had fixed it. It's really annoying to use Google Chrome 56beta that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
        Please Fix!

Google Chrome 56beta (and Chromium) both lock up under Fedora 25 (64bit). Every couple of seconds the browser locks up (not giving any error output on the console) and simply halts. With luck you can reach one of the Terminals (if open) and enter killall chrome to kill it off.

There has been quite a lot of people reporting this issue in the past couple of days (when Fedora 25 ot released) some argue its related to the radon driver, others argue its because of a memory leak and others say it often happens when going on youtube.

Wished they had fixed it. It's really annoying to use Google Chrome 56beta that way.
        thats why its a BETA . wouldnt sdurprise me if its related to Radeon Drivers as there shit an always have been

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          thats why its a BETA . wouldnt sdurprise me if its related to Radeon Drivers as there shit an always have been
          That's why I've put in Chromium (RPM from Fedora) in the equation. I doubt that it's related to the radon drivers because everything else on Fedora 25 works without any issues. Not a single one!

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post

That's why I've put in Chromium (RPM from Fedora) in the equation. I doubt that it's related to the radon drivers because everything else on Fedora 25 works without any issues. Not a single one!
            but they ( fedora ) only have Stable releases , Not Beta's. howe3ver you can prolly enable those features that is in Chrome 56 in Chrome 55 by entering the ( Chrome:flags ) but its a Beta. evenif it was stable there'd be Bugs in it, but again it coulfd well be a Youtube issue or a Radeon Driver issue. what Radeon Drivers are you using? Opensource ones or Proprietry ones ?

Comment

There was an issue in Gentoo with Chromium 56 not respecting CFLAGS https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=587408 that paired with GCC 6 was causing run time issues

Comment

it seems doesn't work on my system (rv670 GPU/Fedora/Mesa 13.0...) despite of firefox able to run webgl2 instructions since the latest as the previous releases which have implemented webgl2 both on linux or windows operating systems (including the legacy XP able to revive thanks to firefox and webgl). I enable it modifying the option into the configuration panel to true.
                Last edited by Azrael5; 09 December 2016, 06:36 AM.

Comment

By the way I can't get cisco h264 running on Firefox although I've installed the h264 package from Fedora repository and enabled the h264 options in the about:config page as the official tutorial explains. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

but they ( fedora ) only have Stable releases, Not Beta's.
                    So you just learned, that even the stable Fedora release have that issue. Regardless of beta or not, the issue needs to be addressed and fixed.

Comment

Working...
                    X