Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan/OpenGL Performance With AMDGPU-PRO 16.50 vs. Mesa 13.1-dev

Phoronix: Vulkan/OpenGL Performance With AMDGPU-PRO 16.50 vs. Mesa 13.1-dev

This morning's AMDGPU-PRO 16.50 preview included some 16.40 vs. 16.50 hybrid driver benchmarks, but for those wondering how 16.50 compares to Mesa 13.1-dev for RadeonSI OpenGL and RADV Vulkan, here are some preliminary tests for the two current Vulkan AAA Linux games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Mesa drivers are superior

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      Mesa drivers are superior
      In only one of the two games tested - in Talos they are worse (and broken in the case of Vulkan)...

Comment

Have Croteam fixed the brightness bug yet? It wasn't fixed a week or so ago. Have they even said anything about it?

Comment

Originally posted by bakgwailo
          and broken in the case of Vulkan
          Yeah, though in all honesty one can only cheer for RADV. It's not even feature complete yet, yet it runs Dota 2 and the stable version should be running TPP fine as well. Plus a bunch of techdemos.

Doom on Wine is probably just around the corner now that they got rid of Denuvo, it'd be fun to see RADV run *that* in a couple of months...

Comment

Michael is that Talos from the main channel or the public beta?

Comment

~30-40 FPS on Talos? That seems a bit suspicious, I think I have more than that on my 6870

Comment

For full reproducibility, everybody should run their Playstation on same TV

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
                  ~30-40 FPS on Talos? That seems a bit suspicious, I think I have more than that on my 6870
                  I know, right? I have a GTX 960 and the game works smoothly. But I'm unsure if the game is running in ultra settings for benchmarks. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
                    Yeah, I think that's supposed to be 4k.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The numbers for the amdgpu-pro are within margin of error on Talos.

Comment

Working...
                    X