X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APUs are still not officially supported

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
      Now if they could only release a high end videocard........................................
      They wont. Because no one will buy it.
      They're focusing on where they can actually sell cards and get profit.
      That said, i have an RX480 that runs everything i've thrown at it.
      For the price it cost me, when it's no longer enough, i can just get another one or upgrade...

Bottom line, you probably don't NEED a high end card.
      But in the long shot you belong to that 1% market, maybe you should go Nvidia...

Comment

Ok, who was the genius that came up with the naming convention of these .xz files? looks like they are the same named files in different directories for most and the last has a different 6 digit string. Easy to tell these things apart.

Comment

Originally posted by clintar View Post
          Ok, who was the genius that came up with the naming convention of these .xz files? looks like they are the same named files in different directories for most and the last has a different 6 digit string. Easy to tell these things apart.
          Are you seriously complaining about naming with a company that decided to call their open driver AMDGPU and closed driver AMDGPU-PRO?

Comment

Quick PSA - we started trying to duplicate Michael's results internally. Initial feedback is that 7970 (Tahiti XT) seems to work fine while 7950 (Tahiti XT) has problems.

Given that Michael also saw problems with his Pitcairn boards (7850, 370) which were also "Pro" rather than "XT", this is starting to smell like a harvest-related issue (eg xx50 has problems, xx70 does not).
            Last edited by bridgman; 09 December 2016, 08:52 PM.
            Test signature

Comment

Working...
            X