No announcement yet.

David Airlie Preps Latest Round Of RADV Radeon Vulkan Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micheal... Why this click baiting? You call for radv patches and all we talk about is clean-up? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      AMD doesn't listen on this point. They probably think nobody needs OpenCL.
      Why do you say things like this ? (guess I mean "you" in general as well as "you" specifically)

We working really hard on open sourcing the OpenCL part, including...

- replacing the proprietary (not ours) C99 compiler with CLANG
      - replacing the proprietary (ours but not open-able) shader compiler with an LLVM-based one
      - replacing the proprietary (ours but not open-able) HWL by porting to ROCM

... and this has been widely & repeatedly communicated.

First OpenCL-over-ROCM with new shader compiler (still binary but with a lot more open source bits inside) preview should go public this month:

Last edited by bridgman; 09 December 2016, 01:49 PM.
      Test signature

Comment

I've learned just now how much of a douche he is.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Why do you say things like this ? (guess I mean "you" in general as well as "you" specifically)

We working really hard on open sourcing the OpenCL part, including...

- replacing the proprietary (not ours) C99 compiler with CLANG
          - replacing the proprietary (ours but not open-able) shader compiler with an LLVM-based one
          - replacing the proprietary (ours but not open-able) HWL by porting to ROCM

... and this has been widely & repeatedly communicated.

First OpenCL-over-ROCM with new shader compiler (still binary but with a lot more open source bits inside) preview should go public this month:

Becuase for years the answer has been "nobody needs image support in clover" -.-
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

By the way, you can use AMD's OpenCL implementation (not the mesa one) without running the entire AMDGPU-PRO driver stack. For Arch Linux there's even a package in the AUR (opencl-amd). Though of course I'd prefer to run open-source, I'd consider this a (temporary) solution.

I wonder if it would be possible to extract the Vulkan implementation like this, too. While I'd love to see radv mature as an open-source driver, having a more feature-rich driver for now for actual use and development while still using Mesa for OpenGL would be rather awesome.
            Last edited by VikingGe; 14 December 2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X