Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Look At Async/Await JavaScript For Firefox 52

Phoronix: A Look At Async/Await JavaScript For Firefox 52

While Chrome 55 has JavaScript async/await support, the Firefox support isn't coming until the Firefox 52.0 stable release in March while currently it's available in the latest Firefox Developer Edition and early alpha builds...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You can see web browser support for async on the Can I Use website.

web browser compatibility support html css svg html5 css3 opera chrome firefox safari internet explorer

Comment

CSS grid layout <3
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

The new responsive design mode is pretty nice. It's been there for a while -- it's just getting even better.

Comment

Need some help. Can somebody confirm that with this version pretty much all of Dell's enterprise browser tools (client side java) are going to stop working?

Comment

Originally posted by cjcox View Post
            Need some help. Can somebody confirm that with this version pretty much all of Dell's enterprise browser tools (client side java) are going to stop working?
            This post itself is about JavaScript, so it won't affect anything related to Java. Those are two unrelated languages even when both are client side.

That said, support for Java applets will be dropped in 52: https://www.fxsitecompat.com/en-CA/d...er-than-flash/ UNLESS you use Firefox 52 Extended Support Release (ESR) which will keep the plug-in support enabled until May 2018.

Also, Dell might have a replacement available written in a different way. You'd need to ask Dell for that.

Comment

Originally posted by cjcox View Post
              I guess so, but they're going to support the java (and the likes) plugins in ESR until 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Palu Macil View Post

This post itself is about JavaScript, so it won't affect anything related to Java. Those are two unrelated languages even when both are client side.

That said, support for Java applets will be dropped in 52: https://www.fxsitecompat.com/en-CA/d...er-than-flash/ UNLESS you use Firefox 52 Extended Support Release (ESR) which will keep the plug-in support enabled until May 2018.

Also, Dell might have a replacement available written in a different way. You'd need to ask Dell for that.
                Uh.. I'm asking the community because you get better answers than you get from Dell. Dell will tell me to powerup a 286 with Netscape.... sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  CSS grid layout <3
                  Getting damn close to constraints.
                  Only one (serious) issue left to enable arbitrary applications to run on the web (er, internet, at least).

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    You can see web browser support for async on the Can I Use website.

http://caniuse.com/#feat=async-functions
                    Yeah, that's pretty much the go-to resource for any web developer.

Comment

Working...
                    X