No announcement yet.

Mesa 12.0.4 Being Prepped For Ubuntu 16.10/16.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take Unigine Valley for example, with mesa it report all incorrect things ... amount of memory is wrong (since mesa had not supported check at the time), it reports 256 even if you have more and then it say what is max version, but does not use that context actually

While on blob, it reports correct amount on VRAM and reports actual context version that is been used

Regardless of that both looks like run fine for the user (even it looks better with blob and its profile than without )

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

That is wrong conlusion again, but as you wish .

I speaked generaly, even Playstation 4 PRO is affected by TV diversity, on many it works on some it don't (or at least don't by default), regardless that original PS4 starting fine on both. Basically it is a bug (or it might not be) somewhere that need (or not) to be addresed

But for your "bug" is that looks like fixed to you if you do MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT chrome ?
      There is always a conclusion because excluding all the other causes, one stands at the end. Your answers are always negative but one of them is a false negative.

Comment

however perhaps I've got an evidence... Both Opensuse and Fedora implements xorg-x11 libraries, libraries which ubuntu distros omit.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
          however perhaps I've got an evidence... Both Opensuse and Fedora implements xorg-x11 libraries, libraries which ubuntu distros omit.
          What are these libraries? You might just can't find deb packages that contain same thing, since packaging and names are different

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

What are these libraries? You might just can't find deb packages that contain same thing, since packaging and names are different
            try to yourself and you'll know about what libraries are missed in ubuntu system and derivatives.

Comment

for ppl o wants stable mesa 13 in xenial or yakkety this ppa works quiet well https://launchpad.net/~joe-yasi/+arc...tu/xorg-xenial

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5
                I can get 3.3 opengl on Fedora od opensuse while I get only 3.0 opengl on Kubuntu or Lubuntu (ubuntu) operating systems. This happens because Mesa on fedora or opensuse enable core profile instead of compatibility profile over Mesa drivers (perhaps because of DRM or other reasons).
                False. Ubuntu 16.04 and its default mesa 11.2.x also provide OpenGL 3.3 core profile if hardware allows. Look at your glxinfo to verify. It is up to the application to request core profile if needed. Something changed between chromium/Chrome 53 and 55 in how OpenGL version is reported (maybe because they're aiming for WebGL 2).

I used my laptop with Radeon APU ("Llano/Sumo") and Xubuntu 16.04 using open source radeon driver to test:
                chromium package from Ubuntu repo (53.x) reports OpenGL 3.0
                Installed Chrome 55 and it reports 3.3

I suspect the situation in Opera is similar.

Originally posted by Azrael5
                Both Opensuse and Fedora implements xorg-x11 libraries, libraries which ubuntu distros omit. try to yourself and you'll know about what libraries are missed in ubuntu system and derivatives.
                I also have no idea what you're talking about there.

EDIT: I'm going to guess this commit in chromium 54.x is responsible https://chromium.googlesource.com/ch...e97c66cd5518da
                Last edited by DanL; 04 December 2016, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                  try to yourself and you'll know about what libraries are missed in ubuntu system and derivatives.
                  I use Debian, but last time i tried Ubuntu just to check amdgpu-pro and that worked stright away ... and what i spotted that is missing by default is glxinfo/glxgears apps, but that is apt install away

Comment

Canonical needs to be backporting Mesa 13 in order to make things easier for gaming on Ubuntu. According to http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/11/f...drivers-ubuntu Feral has been trying to convince Canonical to make it easier to have the latest Mesa available. I feel bad for these developers that want to embrace GNU/Linux for gaming and instead have to constantly fight these distros to have something somewhat recent available for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

False. Ubuntu 16.04 and its default mesa 11.2.x also provide OpenGL 3.3 core profile if hardware allows. Look at your glxinfo to verify. It is up to the application to request core profile if needed. Something changed between chromium/Chrome 53 and 55 in how OpenGL version is reported (maybe because they're aiming for WebGL 2).

I used my laptop with Radeon APU ("Llano/Sumo") and Xubuntu 16.04 using open source radeon driver to test:
                      chromium package from Ubuntu repo (53.x) reports OpenGL 3.0
                      Installed Chrome 55 and it reports 3.3

I suspect the situation in Opera is similar.

I also have no idea what you're talking about there.

EDIT: I'm going to guess this commit in chromium 54.x is responsible https://chromium.googlesource.com/ch...e97c66cd5518da
                      Explain to me why Ubuntu and derivatives apply "compatibility profile" by mesa while Fedora or Opensuse apply "core profile" on the same hardware (see at the page 3 of this thread for any reference about this dichotomy)

Comment

Working...
                      X