No announcement yet.

Developers' Planned Changes Still Coming To Mesa 13.1 / Mesa 17.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not Mesa 97.0? Mozilla would be proud.

Comment

Re: HSW
      It looks like the patch series was mostly all reviewed.
      The only bit seems to be a couple of ideas about how to check whether okay to enable GL 4.0 on HSW.
      A 3rd or 4th alternative method was suggested and the thread seems to stop there.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        You mean Google? They started this with Chrome, and Mozillla followed.

Comment

Originally posted by Holograph View Post
          These developers seem to have a major case of ADHD and are getting distracted from their task of programming Mesa, which does not require this switch.
          I'm amazed at the mirror-climbing you had to do to fit ADHD in here. How about you choose a illness that fits more the situation on hand?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            I like the year versioning, much more than the Mozilla one.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

He, he, i like M.A.M.E. versioning, it is currently at version 0.180 after 20 years and how it goes it won't reach version 1.0 even after 100 years

It is "put some number on it", even for Firefox who look really look at numbers much, what matters is what binary you run... is it current esr, release, beta, aurora or you compile it or whatever

For mesa it is the same, do you run something ancient or maybe old-stable, stable or your own build of whatever

Comment

I'm super disappointed to see the stupid date-based versioning idea go forward. I want versions based around the actual progress of the library. A date-based versioning scheme does help people know when a particular version is released, but that isn't something that many people need to know! Why!? Why are they wasting time even considering this? These developers seem to have a major case of ADHD and are getting distracted from their task of programming Mesa, which does not require this switch.

Nobody is going to know if it is worth upgrading to a given version - or even if a given version has improvements for them - or even if a given version is safe for them to try as far as stability goes.
                As someone with ADHD and severe learning issues (I got detected ADHD combined type a few years ago) that make me unable to properly learn programming and electronics, I find your comment extremelly insulting and disappointing.

Please consider to choose your words better in the future

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                I'm amazed at the mirror-climbing you had to do to fit ADHD in here. How about you choose a illness that fits more the situation on hand?
                I have ADHD, so I find his comment too insulting :/
                Last edited by timofonic; 02 December 2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

I'm super disappointed to see the stupid date-based versioning idea go forward. I want versions based around the actual progress of the library. A date-based versioning scheme does help people know when a particular version is released, but that isn't something that many people need to know! Why!? Why are they wasting time even considering this? These developers seem to have a major case of ADHD and are getting distracted from their task of programming Mesa, which does not require this switch.

Nobody is going to know if it is worth upgrading to a given version - or even if a given version has improvements for them - or even if a given version is safe for them to try as far as stability goes.
                  Of course it is not that uninteresting. A date based versioning system allows very fast conclusions about the release history and frequency of releases. It tells you how fast changes are made which directly correlates with the development activity. And of course I do consider the activity before I show real interest in one of the various github repositories. Nobody wants to do necromancy. It isn't any different with mesa.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                    I have ADHD, so I find his comment too insulting :/
                    That is your own problem. I just stated that ADHD can't have anything to do to with developers choosing a release scheme.

Comment

It is just difficult these days to assess what constitutes as 14.0.0 -> 14.1.0 vs 14.0 -> 15.0 so more software projects are going with the second option.

Comment

Working...
                      X