Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coreboot 4.5 Officially Released

Phoronix: Coreboot 4.5 Officially Released

Coreboot 4.5 is now available as the latest version of this open-source BIOS/firmware implementation project for those looking toward the bi-annual releases rather than Git...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would love to see support for the Dell XPS 13 "Sputnik" developer laptop.

Comment

*sigh* Chrome-this, Chrome-that (yes, I know big G "bought" coreboot). Oh, well, and an interesting board, but a developer edition (unaffordable and hard to come by).
      Still good, but I'd really wish there'd be some generic things, that (advanced) end-users can use to begin with and support for normal (consumer) boards. Something with AM2..AM3+, AM1, FM2(+) or the upcoming AM4. And better documentation.

And better care for alredy done boards. I mean, some units get a get a "green light" - but some months later nobody knows if it still works, or thing break and the entry (the sub-page) for the very boards contains very little info. Or something like poweroff doesn't work. Or PS/2 keyboard will work in Seabios but not in Linux/bash/X/whatev.

And I wish for more time so I could actually experiment with my ancient cheapo boards and thin clients (I won't use my production level machines, not even with a backup chip).
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
      X