Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Haswell OpenGL & Vulkan Testing With Mesa Git

Phoronix: Intel Haswell OpenGL & Vulkan Testing With Mesa Git

It's been a while since last running any major Linux graphics tests with Intel Haswell era hardware, but in preparing for a big Linux 3.x/4.x kernel comparison with a Core i7 Haswell, I ran some fresh graphics benchmarks with OpenGL and Vulkan.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Would love to see a comparison with windors 10.

So far Vulkan seems a bit of a disappointment but maybe it's just a matter of Linux implementation not performing fine...

Comment

It seems no one is interested to comment about Intel Vulkan, neither Skylake nor Haswell... but it is understandable with that single digit performance.

Comment

*shrug*

My work laptop (haswell) is not my primary gaming system (Phenom x6 + Radeon 7850... until Zen/Vega are released).

I need desktop stability for 2D applications (and compositing via gnome-shell + modesetting/glamor). I appreciate video decode acceleration, and just enough 3D performance to maybe emulate some old console games over my lunch breaks.

Eventually, that may extend to EVE or similar over lunch...

We'll probably see more interest as more Vulkan-based games come out... but for now, we've got DOTA/Talos, Windows Doom, and what else?

Comment

Made a mistake and bought a Haswell laptop at retail three years ago,

baad move.

Comment

20 fps at 800x600 in a game with rather low requirements... Nice.

Comment

At least haswell has vulkan support on linux, something that wont happen on windows on cards like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                20 fps at 800x600 in a game with rather low requirements... Nice.
                And who said that Michael run benchmark on low settings... AFAIK, he usually fire things up and don't care

But in reality low spec users squeeze it down to nearly no graphics and play it like that

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  It seems no one is interested to comment about Intel Vulkan, neither Skylake nor Haswell... but it is understandable with that single digit performance.
                  It's because numbers have spoken to us
                  but it's not all the truth I can play Talos (1280x960/ultra/low/low) with ~40fps on OGL, vulkan crashes or hangs my pc, Life is Stranger, (1280x800/low>30fps (but i didn't play much), XCOM: EU (1024x768/mid) >30fps

AdamOne I have one with Intel GMO 4500MHD, this is crap believe me.

Comment

there are some stinky things for Deadfall: Adv & Outlast on HSW:
                    Code:
                    Out of memory: Kill process 10325 (OLGame.x86_64) score 748 or sacrifice child
                    then k'boom and my gnome-shell dies too
                    game on radeon works good.

Comment

Working...
                    X