Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Max Appears To Work Fine With RadeonSI Gallium3D

Phoronix: Mad Max Appears To Work Fine With RadeonSI Gallium3D

This morning's release of the Mad Max game for Linux lists only NVIDIA graphics as supported, but it does turn out at least for newer AMD GPUs using the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver things should work -- well, assuming you are using the latest open-source driver code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

With a Radeon RX 480 on RadeonSI, the game was smooth at 1080p. There were times though when the game slowed down a lot, likely due to shader recompilation, etc.
    This seems to be a common theme with the driver. I hope it gets worked out soon. Had a bad moment in Tomb Raider last night where I was sliding down a slope to my death and needed to jump at precisely the right moment. The game slowed to a crawl for at least 5 seconds just before that moment but luckily I still managed to time it right.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

FPS of the menu screen is a fairly good representation of in-game FPS.
      Yeah but if it's not CLI scriptable it doesn't really matter for most kinds of testing.

Comment

Quick question to anyone who's played this on Linux: The game recommends a pad and I know it supports the Steam controller, but does it support the XB1 pad? I have XB1 and 360 pads, but I much prefer the XB1 pad.

Comment

The graphics for the game look rather nice, just a pity having another game shipping in 2016 that lacks integrated benchmark capabilities.
          At least people can watch videos in these cases, like for example Pontostroy's Win/Lin comparison. I would say perf is about 60%ish on average... so in line with other Feral's ports

Comment

For me and my Radeon RX470 8GB, the performance is bad. My kernel version is from amd-staging-4.6 branch and I use Oibaf repository for Mesa drivers

Comment

These GPU warnings should be omitted. Imagine 10 years from now, when the game is unsupported and no one will be using GPUs it recognizes. Everyone will be constantly nagged. All this for what? Avoiding some stupid lawsuits?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                These GPU warnings should be omitted. Imagine 10 years from now, when the game is unsupported and no one will be using GPUs it recognizes. Everyone will be constantly nagged. All this for what? Avoiding some stupid lawsuits?
                Who cares about that really... does anybody remember Cedega nowdays, it was popular 10 years ago

To me that is the same situation, as once wine supports higher DX everybody will forget about these "native" indirectx ports

Comment

Eh, and even then with Cedega it wass again man to man said same average 60% alcohol

Comment

Originally posted by UbayGd View Post
                    For me and my Radeon RX470 8GB, the performance is bad. My kernel version is from amd-staging-4.6 branch and I use Oibaf repository for Mesa drivers
                    And what is your CPU?

Comment

Working...
                    X