SuperTux 0.5 Released With In-Game Level Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah development stalled:

Secret Maryo Chronicles is an Open Source two-dimensional platform game and is using an Open Graphics Library for the best possible graphic design and stock performance.

But there seems to be a fork:

The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M. (TSC) - what a name

Comment

He, he, i hoped someone will do Tux riding GNU there like in SMW or SMW2: Yoshi's Island

Comment

This game is still alive? Wow.

Good news, I like this game.

Comment

He, he, stage selection screen is still slow on radeonsi drivers We can find GL overhead and CPU cap everywhere, even in simpliest 2D games

Comment

It wasn't slow last time I tried their new engine...
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Well i guess this screen needs threaded optimization too

But i guess some need some slower IPC singlethread CPU to see an issue Likely this will be slowmo on RPi, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                It wasn't slow last time I tried their new engine...
                What fps you get on that screen, fullscreen and window - is it always 60 fps?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  That's probably why they made a level editor, they don't have the time to make them, but let others create the content.
                  Not really, Super Mario Maker's huge success is the reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    Debian/Ubuntu package mantainers will do that for you when wayland becomes default on their distros, then.
                    Well I use Ubuntu and Wayland won't become default because Canonical have their Mir that nobody else besides them care about.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                      Well I use Ubuntu and Wayland won't become default because Canonical have their Mir that nobody else besides them care about.
                      Wayland will become default on Ubuntu too, just much much later than in other distros, so what I said is still valid.
                      If you don't like to wait that much, switch to Ubuntu derivatives without Unity DE, as they will use wayland and not Mir.

Still, it's you that asked for Wayland, so I assumed you weren't on Ubuntu with Unity/Mir.

Comment

Working...
                      X