Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperTux 0.5 Released With In-Game Level Editor

Phoronix: SuperTux 0.5 Released With In-Game Level Editor

SuperTux v0.5 is now available as the newest version of this open-source Tux-themed game inspired by Super Mario Bros...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow, they're still going, are they? Good on them!

Comment

Really, really happy to see supertux alive and kicking. Unfortunately no more efforts have been spent on new worlds since a long time, which is a pity.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Nice to see this project is still alive.

I hope they port it to SDL2 so it runs on Wayland.

I remember me and my sis use to play this game.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          Really, really happy to see supertux alive and kicking. Unfortunately no more efforts have been spent on new worlds since a long time, which is a pity.
          That's probably why they made a level editor, they don't have the time to make them, but let others create the content.

Comment

uid313 They already ported it to SDL2. It runs on Wayland, if you compile it with glbinding

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
              uid313 They already ported it to SDL2. It runs on Wayland, if you compile it with glbinding
              I don't compile stuff. I just get stuff from GNOME Software, Synaptic. Ubuntu Software Store or apt-get.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                I don't compile stuff. I just get stuff from GNOME Software, Synaptic. Ubuntu Software Store or apt-get.
                Debian/Ubuntu package mantainers will do that for you when wayland becomes default on their distros, then.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  That's probably why they made a level editor, they don't have the time to make them, but let others create the content.
                  AFAIK there has always been a level editor for supertuxkart. Also making single levels is not the biggest task, making whole new worlds is.
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

He, he, i guess RPi users can play this maxed out - no benchmarking needed

What happened to Super Mario World clone Secret Maryo Chronicles or something?

Comment

Working...
                    X