Firefox 49.0 Is Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post

It did that the first time for me on windows as well. It has to download the support from google directly. So leave your browser open, then restart it later and try again.
    Already did that. aboutlugins reports Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc.

File: 1.4.8.903 Path:/home/xxxxx/.mozilla/firefox/oege1a7o.default/gmp-widevinecdm/1.4.8.903 Version: 1.4.8.903 State: Enabled Play back protected web video. So the plugin is in place and enabled.

Comment

Is anyone able to play Netflix?
      With the original user agent it requests to install silverlight
      With chrome user agent it plays, but with tearing and high cpu load.

Comment

No go with Netflix here - I guess Netflix has to enable support.

Comment

Still no Wayland support.

Originally posted by Awesome Donkey View Post
          Maybe you could try user-agent spoofing and see if that works?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Btw, will Firefox support ORTC?
            The last time I checked, ORTC was still a draft and not a W3C-approved standard. (Parts of ORTC have been included in WebRTC, though.)
            FF uses openh264 for WebRTC, so I'd imagine that's where the support would be needed. In other words, you should probably look for official skype support in new version announcement of openh264 and not new version of FF.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Donkey View Post
              spoof your User-Agent an it will work

Comment

Originally posted by heliosh View Post
                Is anyone able to play Netflix?
                With the original user agent it requests to install silverlight
                With chrome user agent it plays, but with tearing and high cpu load.
                Netflix plays for me on Firefox 49 when using the following User-Agent entry:
                Linux / Chrome 53: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.34 Safari/537.36
                Sometimes I have to hit "refresh" to start a video. I don't recall ever having to do that with Chrome. So it's still not perfect.

Comment

I do not get how the hell Mozilla thinks installing one proprietary crap (widevine) instead of another (flash/silverlight) "improves" something. Sounds much like double standards and/or foul play.

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
                    I do not get how the hell Mozilla thinks installing one proprietary crap (widevine) instead of another (flash/silverlight) "improves" something. Sounds much like double standards and/or foul play.
                    Widevine is a content protection mechanism.
                    It has nothing to do with Flash, Silverlight or any other forward facing multimedia technology.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                      Yes... it explicitly states that in the same sentence you quoted...
                      It's an OR question
                      The question was:
                      - does it either improve performance improvements to platforms with layers acceleration enabled, but no hardware video decoding (like on linux in general)
                      - or on platform using basic layers (linux with bad drivers/no acceleration turned on in about:config)

Comment

Working...
                      X