No announcement yet.

Mesa Has Already Seen More Code Changes This Year Than All Of 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azrael5 I looked at the site, this program could really *terminally* damage your hardware, it is GOOD for you that it isn't easy.
    Every time I flash a BIOS/UEFI I'm crapping myself whether I'll lose the hardware. In a program like this, there should be many nag screens telling you about the risks, this one makes you read the docs.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Hopefully a while, because there's a lot more urgent stuff I'd prefer they focus on first.
      How about a dbus interface that expose already existing configuration present in environment variables? Like dynamic hud (de)activation? Many gui panels could be written (gtk/qt/efl/fltk|basic/advanced) independently. Maybe another kind of solution to store application profiles?

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
        Azrael5 I looked at the site, this program could really *terminally* damage your hardware, it is GOOD for you that it isn't easy.
        Every time I flash a BIOS/UEFI I'm crapping myself whether I'll lose the hardware. In a program like this, there should be many nag screens telling you about the risks, this one makes you read the docs.
        ok thanks the same; I'm searching a different way to flash my vga ati card avoiding atiflash.exe tool or atiwinflash my problem is that both ssid and pciid of the card are mysteriously wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastianlacuesta View Post

How about a dbus interface that expose already existing configuration present in environment variables? Like dynamic hud (de)activation? Many gui panels could be written (gtk/qt/efl/fltk|basic/advanced) independently. Maybe another kind of solution to store application profiles?
          Probably not a good idea to have two different ways to change a setting, unless there's an easy way to keep them in sync with each other automatically. So if settings are already exposed through environment variables, the best bet is probably to just write a GUI that manipulates environment variables.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
            How long for a CONTROL PANEL on Mesa as CCC (Catalyst Control PAnel where to see software specs (opengl, opengl ES, webGL, DirectX features and so on), Hardware features as Texel textures, Pixel textures, Badnwidth, Gpu frequency features and so on, and Vga Bios features SSID and PCIID ID, and all the vga bios stuff of VGA!?

Is there a way to flash vga bios by linux as well as the motherboard chipset itself!?
            sudo cat /dev/random > /dev/vga_bios # mutherfogger

Comment

Originally posted by sebastianlacuesta View Post

You actually could already write such a program : take all the ENV variables available, make a gui for them, and make that gui a wrapper launcher for games.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

ok thanks the same; I'm searching a different way to flash my vga ati card avoiding atiflash.exe tool or atiwinflash my problem is that both ssid and pciid of the card are mysteriously wrong.
                What is wrong with them?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

What is wrong with them?
                  it should have pciid as this: Subsystem Id: 174B 0028 instead it shows subsystem id as this 95051002 that is the Device id. When I flash the bios I get info from it that pciid and ssid: are 174b and 0028 but after flashing the card I get the wrong values:9505 and 1002.

Comment

Since this thread seems to be about random topics, I'll randomly ask about dungeon .

I don't mean any offense and I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm seriously asking since I'm a bit confused. The reason is that he seems to use a lot of sarcasm, and with a lot of sentences being broken, in the end I totally lack context to understand what he means (usually smth about mesa vs Catalyst vs AMDGPU, etc.).

dungeon (or someone who understands):
                    1. Are you for or against open source video drivers?
                    2. Are you for or against AMDGPU?
                    3. Are you for or against AMDGPU-PRO?
                    4. Is Catalyst good or bad for you?

Cheers
                    Last edited by franglais125; 31 August 2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Bad call. dungeon can answer all of those questions with "yes"
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X