Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Reveals More Details About 7th Gen "Kaby Lake" Processors

Phoronix: Intel Reveals More Details About 7th Gen "Kaby Lake" Processors

Intel is making public more details today about their forthcoming 7th Generation Intel Core CPUs, a.k.a. Kaby Lake...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

'Fighting' Zen and it's mobile versions (Raven Ridge)...
    Let the battle begin.

Comment

Let's see if KBL i965 drivers start out as shitty as their predecessor. Anyhow this will be exiting!

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
        'Fighting' Zen and it's mobile versions (Raven Ridge)...
        Let the battle begin.
        Raven Ridge is not a mobile processor at all, it's a late 2017 desktop processor with a builtin graphics.

AMD has said that it wants the Zen architecture to scale down to mobile, but there have been no concrete product roadmaps issued where they actually say the name of a future mobile platform that uses Zen.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post

Raven Ridge is not a mobile processor at all, it's a late 2017 desktop processor with a builtin graphics.
          Raven Ridge FP5 (4 - 35 W TDP) is NOT? - You decide.

AMD has said that it wants the Zen architecture to scale down to mobile, but there have been no concrete product roadmaps issued where they actually say the name of a future mobile platform that uses Zen.
          Eine Präsentationsfolie aus einer nicht-öffentlichen AMD-Roadmap liefert einige konkrete Eckdaten zu 2017 erwarteten CPU-GPU-Prozessoren mit Zen-Prozessorkernen.

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

Raven Ridge FP5 (4 - 35 W TDP) is NOT? - You decide.

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldu...U-3290009.html
            That's a cute powerpoint slide.

Here's some German from just below that slide: Neue, nicht-öffentliche AMD-Roadmap

"nicht-öffentliche" means non-official, and believe me nobody in their right mind thinks that there will ever be a 4 core Zen part with any form of the same GPU that's in the power-hog Polaris parts that operates in a 4 watt power envelope. Nobody.

Comment

Saw a leaked Firestrike bench with the new 620 GPU (that's the most common variant for laptops) performing the same as the 540 from Skylake, much faster than the equivalent 520. That would mean a huge improvement for laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by nkalkhof View Post
                Let's see if KBL i965 drivers start out as shitty as their predecessor. Anyhow this will be exiting!
                Of course they will be. Why would Intel sabotage their streak of shitty drivers for their GPU hardware?

Comment

I hope there will be some NUC with Kaby Lake available soon - should be good for some gfx benchmarks including video decode. Maybe Intel could send one to Michael...

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post

Of course they will be. Why would Intel sabotage their streak of shitty drivers for their GPU hardware?
                    This is what I fear as well. Does anyone know if Matthew Garrett already recommends buying skylake?

Comment

Working...
                    X