Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Slew Of RadeonSI Gallium3D Fixes To Kick Off The Week

Phoronix: A Slew Of RadeonSI Gallium3D Fixes To Kick Off The Week

After already making a ton of improvements to the RadeonSI Gallium3D stack this month, Marek Olšák is looking to end the month on a high note with yet more fixes to the open-source AMD driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting, collection of everything fixes

Comment

TF2 has been unplayable on radeon since December 2015. I really hope this is the good one.

Comment

Marek has been busy; it seems he also reviewed a patch for another OpenGL extension:

Comment

For some time I'm wondering about idea of how implementation graphic injector on driver level will works. I and probably many others hate(s) aliasing effect. Game's AA(msaa, ssaa) always takes a lot of performance, but on the other hand there are low costs methods like for example smaa. I know that the mesa's devs are reading phoronix, so I want to know their point of view. (I can jump to mailing lists)

Comment

Originally posted by rosco View Post
            TF2 has been unplayable on radeon since December 2015. I really hope this is the good one.
            This, so much this!
            TF2 freezes up after a couple of minutes which is very unfortunate since it's one of the few games I still play.

Comment

Originally posted by ShFil View Post
              For some time I'm wondering about idea of how implementation graphic injector on driver level will works. I and probably many others hate(s) aliasing effect. Game's AA(msaa, ssaa) always takes a lot of performance, but on the other hand there are low costs methods like for example smaa. I know that the mesa's devs are reading phoronix, so I want to know their point of view. (I can jump to mailing lists)
              Gallium has a post-processing layer you can turn on through environment variables. I believe SMAA is already implemented there, though i could be mis-remembering.

Comment

Is anyone working on missing extensions for 4.4 and 4.5?

Comment

Originally posted by rosco View Post
                  Interesting, because Steam's "Team Fortress 2" (which is what I am assuming that you are referring to) runs just fine on Mesa HEAD with my HD6450 / r600 driver. I must therefore conclude that the problem is confined to the radeonsi driver.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                    Is anyone working on missing extensions for 4.4 and 4.5?
                    As I mentioned previously, Dave Airlie (Redhat) got his GL_ARB_cull_distance (openGL 4.5) patch reviewed by Marek earlier today... So there is some progress. Only a handful left to do.

Comment

Working...
                    X