Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 vs. Linux Radeon Software Performance, Including AMDGPU-PRO & RadeonSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Impossible, Intel will rise prices as necessary to still cost moar.
    Do not afraid, Intel will just switch to 10 nm and ask for more money

Comment

Congrats AMD, you guys are doing a fine job. Keep optimizing!!

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
        If Zen really turns out to be that good and on par with Intel, expect same prices as Intel.
        you should learn some history. when amd's processors were faster than intel's (around 1ghz times, when intel was releasing paperware), their top price was $700 instead of $1000 for intel's top

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
          Zen with 4/8 cores/threads
          would be downgrade from 8 cores fx

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
            I'm only to happy to dump 400's in every machine as replacement cards and moderate-gamer machines. My only beef is, bring on the Polaris 11 so I can get my low-end on =D
            The RX 460 is out already.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Yeah , mesa does not support any env variables, drirc does not exist, radeonsi specific variables does not exist too... everything is clean and run fine Mesa drivers does that too since begining, nVidia too provide you options, variables, workarounds... in AMD blob case, all of that is called profiles.

If you want benchmark without profiles you can disable it, but then remove nVidia variables too and for mesa remove drirc... and then run happily Unigine
              But these are vendor specific and not application specific. I mean is there an unigine specific profile?

Comment

RX 480 driver on linux don't seem as mature as fury's driver on linux when you look at windows performance numbers, and then there's that issue with RX 470 performing about the same as RX 480 on linux and costing less 50€.

Also in my country RX 480 and gtx 1060 6GB have the same price and the latter is usually faster, so the RX 480 doesn't really look that great of a product to me.

However the RX 470 and R9 Fury appear to be great on linux, especially if you want open source drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  would be downgrade from 8 cores fx

You don't know what you are talking about. CMT was most definitely marketed incorrectly. Look at any block diagram and you can plainly see 4 cores. Fortunately Rory Read fired a large portion of Marketing and put engineers back in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                    Do not afraid, Intel will just switch to 10 nm and ask for more money
                    Intel does not need to switch to 10nm to ask for more money.

Comment

EDIT: I desperately wish AMD would finally and once and for all renege on their definition of a CMT core. If they did, they could add another integer unit per pipeline, make it a total of 8 actual cores and then kick Intel's royal ass with it in the server/HPC markets...

Comment

Working...
                      X