Direct3D 11 vs. OpenGL vs. Vulkan Radeon Benchmarks On Windows & Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxToTheMax View Post
    With DOTA 2, Mesa is between 75% and 89% as fast as Windows proprietary. But with Talos, it's between 37% and 47%. I think kbios is correct to say that it probably has a lot to do with how well optimized the port of the game is, but you have to factor that in while making hardware purchasing decisions, even if that seems unfair.
    As far as i can see there as non-premium member, MCCaps works fine for the blob

Comment

Five bucks gladly spent.

I dont even care about Microsoft games on Linux, seems like a waste of time to me, that is to run them on Linux since MS OS's and linux are way too different.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
        Five bucks gladly spent.

Thanks for subscribing!
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Will be cool to see something like this, but, DX11 vs OpenGL vs Vulkan with the last Nvidia driver and heavy metal hardware (titan, 980 or 1080)

Comment

Nice.. Please add the login to the main Phoronix page, so that one doesn't need to go to the forums to login.

Comment

Yes, login on the main page would be great thanks.
              Great comparison.

Comment

Didn't they recently manage to get DoTA2 running in radv (Dave Airlie's open-source Radeon Vulkan stack). I realise it's still very early in its development and has yet to receive performance optimizations but it'd be cool to see how it's performing even in this early stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Notavi View Post
                  Didn't they recently manage to get DoTA2 running in radv (Dave Airlie's open-source Radeon Vulkan stack). I realise it's still very early in its development and has yet to receive performance optimizations but it'd be cool to see how it's performing even in this early stage.
                  As mentioned in the article, I'll have those results in their own article within the next few days.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by pracedru View Post
                    Nice.. Please add the login to the main Phoronix page, so that one doesn't need to go to the forums to login.
                    The difficulty with that is the main site and forums are powered by different software systems, etc.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Paid $5 just for this... LOL Interesting results though. No spoilers for the non-premium members...

Comment

Working...
                      X