Phoronix Test Suite 6.6 Milestone 3 Released For Linux Benchmarking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 6.6 Milestone 3 Released For Linux Benchmarking

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 6.6 Milestone 3 Released For Linux Benchmarking

Today marks the release of the third development milestone release of the upcoming Phoronix Test Suite 6.6-Loppa version...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As a relatively new user here, I just wanted to say thank You for taking the time to develop and maintain PTS. Been using it for a while now and I'm really enjoying it

Comment

Originally posted by bwyan View Post
      As a relatively new user here, I just wanted to say thank You for taking the time to develop and maintain PTS. Been using it for a while now and I'm really enjoying it
      Thanks!
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I tried to use PTS to track down a compiler regression. How do you use it with your compiler benchmarks? It's easy to change the CC and CXXFLAGS flags. But how to you force it to recompile each test run? Is there a better way than

Code:
        phoronix-test-suite remove-installed-test pts/himeno
        phoronix-test-suite run pts/himeno
        Thanks for PTS and all your contributions to our community.

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post
          I tried to use PTS to track down a compiler regression. How do you use it with your compiler benchmarks? It's easy to change the CC and CXXFLAGS flags. But how to you force it to recompile each test run? Is there a better way than

Code:
          phoronix-test-suite remove-installed-test pts/himeno
          phoronix-test-suite run pts/himeno
          Thanks for PTS and all your contributions to our community.

What version were you using? In any recent version if it notes the compiler flags changed or the compiler version (or the CPU, etc), it should force a re-install by default when using the benchmark command (though not if you have just always been using the run command). So were you using the run or benchmark command? Otherwise if it's not working right, using force-install is the easier way than remove/install.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

I was using the 'run' command and getting the same results until I tried 'remove-installed-test'. Next time I'll try it with 'benchmark'. Might want to add this to the docs where you talk about CC and CXXFLAGS. Thanks Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post
              I was using the 'run' command and getting the same results until I tried 'remove-installed-test'. Next time I'll try it with 'benchmark'. Might want to add this to the docs where you talk about CC and CXXFLAGS. Thanks Michael!
              Okay, just using run command would explain it. Only when doing benchmark (or install) does it see if it needs to be installed or should be reinstalled given the current system state.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
              X