Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suberimakuri View Post
    Oh great.
    Checked mailing list for this. Didn't realise needed for 4.5.
    Good to hear fp64 under review.
    About the fp64 code, will it ever be possible to adapt Intel's implementation for r600? Probably not, the underlying hardware is very different, and I'm assuming Intel had to write architecture specific code to emulate it.

Has anyone looked at it to determine portability to other architectures?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

About the fp64 code, will it ever be possible to adapt Intel's implementation for r600? Probably not, the underlying hardware is very different, and I'm assuming Intel had to write architecture specific code to emulate it.

Has anyone looked at it to determine portability to other architectures?
      Not likely - this is all very specific to the i965 instruction set, align16 mode, and working around hardware bugs.

If someone were to pick up Elie Tournier's work on a software double precision library (now that GSoC is over), that could be useful for r600. It'd give us double support everywhere (annoyingly slow support - but good enough for checking a box and getting to 4.0).
      Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
      Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayden View Post

Not likely - this is all very specific to the i965 instruction set, align16 mode, and working around hardware bugs.

If someone were to pick up Elie Tournier's work on a software double precision library (now that GSoC is over), that could be useful for r600. It'd give us double support everywhere (annoyingly slow support - but good enough for checking a box and getting to 4.0).
        Cool, I would be ok with that. I've read a few times that not many games implement fp64, so I'm taking a wild guess that it won't matter if it's slow.

Comment

Yeah...I haven't seen a single game that uses it.
          Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
          Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Code:
            OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
            OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) [b]Haswell[/b] Desktop x86/MMX/SSE2
            OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 12.1.0-devel (git-2cc880c)
            OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
            OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
            OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
            OpenGL core profile extensions:
            OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 12.1.0-devel (git-2cc880c)
            OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
            OpenGL context flags: (none)
            OpenGL extensions:
            OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL [b]ES 3.1[/b] Mesa 12.1.0-devel (git-2cc880c)
            OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
            OpenGL ES profile extensions:
            weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Working...
            X