Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetworkManager 1.4 Released

Phoronix: NetworkManager 1.4 Released

Just months after the NetworkManager 1.2, the next major installment is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

all very interesting features. the enhanced mac address randomisation is something I might have to check out

Comment

So, um, for ethernet we have now assigned-mac-address, and for wireless we had wifi.mac-address-randomization which is deprecated in favor of wifi.cloned-mac-address.

Comment

^ I meant "for ethernet randomization", etc.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
          all very interesting features. the enhanced mac address randomisation is something I might have to check out
          Yeah, so many times I got in trouble because my MAC wasn't random enough.
          Sarcasm aside, I'm sure this is useful in virtualized environments.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            Yeah, so many times I got in trouble because my MAC wasn't random enough.
            Sarcasm aside, I'm sure this is useful in virtualized environments.
            Apart from the increased security and privacy provided, It is very useful for APs that meter the connection based on MAC.
            I already spoofed MAC quite a few times just to get another "2 hours of free wifi".

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
              Nm is buggy and unstable, remove it from your system and use wicd.
              We know that already. And when nm supports something that wicd doesn't we should just decide we don't need the feature anyway.
              Is it that hard to refrain from posting when you have nothing to add to the topic being discussed?

Comment

Nice that Canonical brought their own patches upstream. Perhaps they have become sensible after all...

Comment

I just wanted to warn new readers
                  I see two scenarios here:
                  1. New readers have been bitten by nm bugs, have already researched possible solutions and they couldn't care less about your warning.
                  2. New readers have not been bitten by nm bugs, are happily using nm and they couldn't care less about your warning.

Seriously, if you want to educate people, there are dedicated sections on Phoronix forums. Post your crap there and ask Michael to sticky them, instead of polluting new threads.

My writings are more in the topic than your and others typical whining against me. This is a good example, read your post again.
                  I'll give you that. You only copy/paste "Debian is the only Linux, xfce is the only DE and you should use wicd" in threads discussing Linux distros, DEs and network manager.

Comment

My writings are more in the topic than your and others typical whining against me
                    it seems today is day of internet access in your asylum

Comment

Working...
                    X