Nouveau Open-Source NVIDIA Tests On Linux 4.8, Mesa 12.1-dev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

_MAN_, Nvidia are douchebags!

Ever since they got that all-seeing eye (I know, just my opinion) for a logo, they've completely started defecating on anything helpful, even Linus Torvalds and the kernel dev-foundation!!!!

Nvidia are _douchebags_, nobody that opines that non-proprietary drivers bring anything good at all would give one cent to those cocky, jock minded, slimy wuss bags!

They stink. Theyre douchebags, they dont give a damn about looking at the future unegotistically.

In short the driver support by Nvidia for their own hardware: *SS. **lls! I'd rather suck a rabbits poop-pellet through a straw, or roll around naked in hay.

Comment

I'm just glad I still have my trusty HD 5670. Granted there are some minor occasional bugs here and there but the AMD open source support was really great for my card.
      I'll get a new AMD card soon but wasn't too happy with the RX 460 performance and I would really like to stay with slot only powered cards.

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

Perhaps I can help with a small suggestion for vowels?
        - "ou" is the "uː" sound (as in tool, move). I think this works in Greek too.
        movement in French is mouvement, and the "u" sound is basically the same in French and English in this case.
        - "eau" sounds like "o" in French. The order is as in beautiful -> "beauti-ful"
        beau in French. Same combination of vowels.

nouveau!

And there goes the off-topic!
        Well i never had problems with the pronunciation it's the spelling.

Comment

Just say "new nv" then , as "old nv" was drouppedou by coumpaeny

Comment

Americans can call it nuevo.
            Test signature

Comment

Thank you for this comparison.

I am quite surprised that there are so many Nvidia fanboys in Linux community. Using closed binary blobs kind of disrupts the idea of OSS in first place..

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
                Considering the Radeon 480 was released this year and the 650 GTX was released in 2012. It's kind of amazing how well the 650 runs. Nouveau has been doing a great job. They've almost caught up to OpenGL 4.5. This situation should get better once all the legacy cards have had their clocking code implemented. Can one of the devs jump in here and let us know. Does the power management architecture change dramatically with each release? or is it more based on series of cards? e.g when nvidia does a design change the power management changes, but if they do a die shrink it doesn't?
                reclocking is the same on maxwell as on kepler, just no fan control without signed pmu firmware for maxwell2

Comment

Finally an apple to apple comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post

Personally my biggest problems with nouveau is spelling it, i can't use a driver that i can't spell without cheating (copy and paste).
                    I do get that nouveau means new but for a non french it's only a strange word that's hard to spell and that is mostly made up by different vowels.
                    Will the average american guy accept that there is other cultures and languages in the world...

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

Will the average american guy accept that there is other cultures and languages in the world...
                      sure, because you usually hear/read about exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                      X