Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The State of Wayland's GSoC Project For Improved Output Handling

Phoronix: The State of Wayland's GSoC Project For Improved Output Handling

Google's annual Summer of Code 2016 (GSoC) is now officially over and we're starting to see the final reports issued by the many student developers involved. One of the reports worth mentioning is the Wayland project around getting Weston to start without any outputs and improved output handling...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's the proper use for "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"?

Anyway this is very good news. Finished or not I applaud the effort, let's hope these features go into mainline soon.

Comment

In other news, Armin Krezović is actually a bottlenose dolphin. Score one for diversity I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Djhg2000 View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's the proper use for "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"?
        That was meant for the blog readers.

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyJack View Post
          In other news, Armin Krezović is actually a bottlenose dolphin. Score one for diversity I guess.
          Care to explain?

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post

Care to explain?
            "So Long and Thanks For All The Fish" is the song the dolphins sing in Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy right before the Earth gets destroyed.
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

"So Long and Thanks For All The Fish" is the song the dolphins sing in Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy right before the Earth gets destroyed.
              Cheers!

Comment

The canonical reference for "so long and thanks for all the fish" takes you back to the original book...

The dolphins are the second most intelligent species on the planet Earth, only surpassed by mice, although many outside observers don't know about the mice. They long ago knew of Earth's planned destruction and tried to communicate this to humans who misinterpreted it as "amusing attempts to punch football or whistle for tidbits."[1] The last ever dolphin message was misinterpreted as a surprisingly sophisticated attempt to do a double-backward somersault through a hoop while whistling the "Star Spangled Banner," but was, in fact, a message. The message was "so long, and thanks for all the fish.
                The above is not verbatim from the book but is fairly close...
                Test signature

Comment

Good work, and thanks for all the fish anyway!

Comment

Working...
                  X