Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unity 5.4 Arrives With Better Multi-Threaded Rendering, Other Rendering Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unity3D is how I distinguish the two, of course ironically I would say Unity 3D > Unity DE outside the Linux Sphere.

Comment

Pretty sure they wont change their name anytime soon.

Comment

Seems on their roadmap they are still "INVESTIGATING" Vulkan support, whats to investigate? you can support %30 of your users with your already planned DX12 support OR 100% with Vulkan!

Microsoft must be really handing out the money to devs for DX12 support, did anyone notice that SOON' MS plans to force enable Cortanna on everyone? I moved back to win7 and disabled everything I can, really not interested in having MS listening to me 24/7... Still hard to get over the fact that DX12 is a win10 exclusive API, talk about going FULL apple!

Comment

Unity games are a joke, they havent been able to fix the lack of sound on linux for months.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
            As soon as it gets to version 7.x we'll have a really hard time to figure out if an article is talking about the desktop environment or the game engine.

I already struggle as it is...
            Agreed! I don't know what came first, whether the desktop or the game engine, but the other really should have picked another name.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
              Seems on their roadmap they are still "INVESTIGATING" Vulkan support, whats to investigate? you can support %30 of your users with your already planned DX12 support OR 100% with Vulkan!

Microsoft must be really handing out the money to devs for DX12 support, did anyone notice that SOON' MS plans to force enable Cortanna on everyone? I moved back to win7 and disabled everything I can, really not interested in having MS listening to me 24/7... Still hard to get over the fact that DX12 is a win10 exclusive API, talk about going FULL apple!
              Yeah, that was the dumbest thing I heard about in a long time. I think MS really is trying to alienate it's userbase. But then with so many new games being developed on DX12, they make it so that people have to upgrade. It's almost as if they want to have the largest proportion of alienated users as they possibly can. It makes no damn sense. ;D

Comment

Have they fixed sending static noise to the speaker for the first 10minutes of every unity game on steam?

Comment

Working...
                X