NWM: An X11 Window Manager Written In Node.js

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxie View Post
    oh thank feck for that, I like building my computers - so that's not gonna happen!
    You build laptops? Tell me more about this.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post
      why not try to push the envelope a little and make a wayland window manager where there is very little competition.
      And very little documentation. What does exist assumes that one is already familiar with X11 programming, i.e. xlib and/or xcb.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

Fake web-dev detected. No company will sign a project with you.
        I'm not a web developer myself, but I want to know why do people insist web developers must use macs? It makes no fucking sense. Sure you have to test Safari extensively because it is by far the slowest and least compatible browser of them all. So yeah you need to have a mac handy to test on, I understand that. But the fact is that many years ago MS won the browser wars and for a long, long time most web devs had to develop on windows. But that changed, it's not true anymore. With Firefox, Webkit, Chrome and others being obviously superior browsers MS lost their advantage. Every single web developer I know personally develops on linux now.

Why would anybody want to develop web apps on the platform with the slowest performance and worst compatibility of them all? It makes zero sense and isn't true.
        Last edited by duby229; 26 July 2016, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          So all computers are laptops now? Seriously....

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

I'm not a web developer myself, but I want to know why do people insist web developers must use macs? It makes no fucking sense. Sure you have to test Safari extensively because it is by far the slowest and least compatible browser of them all. So yeah you need to have a mac handy to test on, I understand that. But the fact is that many years ago MS won the browser wars and for a long, long time most web devs had to develop on windows. But that changed, it's not true anymore. With Firefox, Webkit, Chrome and others being obviously superior browsers MS lost their advantage. Every single web developer I know personally develops on linux now.

Why would anybody want to develop web apps on the platform with the slowest performance and worst compatibility of them all? It makes zero sense and isn't true.
            From devs around me : "It allows you to have both 1) all the Unix command lines, Apache, web tools, libraries etc. 2) all Adobe products including Photoshop"

From me : "Clients think you are good and cool if you can afford a Mac Book. They know nothing about nothing but in the end what they think is what matters"
            Last edited by Passso; 26 July 2016, 12:14 PM.

Comment

From devs around me : "It allows you to have both 1) all the Unix command lines, Apache, web tools, libraries etc. 2) all Adobe products including Photoshop"

From me : "Clients think you are good and cool if you can afford a Mac Book. They know nothing about nothing but in the end what they think is what matters"
              I'll accept the first explanation as fair enough, the second explanation is just wrong in a moral sense. I can't wait for Adobe to die. They really do represent that last stage of eliminating proprietary dependencies. Photoshop hurts everyone including the folks that think (wrongly) they need it. Damn.

EDIT: I don't understand why Gimp won't develop a classic style common sense interface. It's the number one issue that I hear about it. I feel like that's the reason it isn't able to replace Photoshop. It's not that it can't it's that people don't like it.
              Last edited by duby229; 26 July 2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Makes you want to write one in Bourne Shell... maybe bash...

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  well, when a mummy and daddy laptop love each other a lot..

Comment

Fake web-dev detected. No company will sign a project with you.
                    All the workstations around here at work are running Linux and since the year of the Linux Desktop is Coming Real Soon(tm) I must still be an advanced hipster!

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                      So all computers are laptops now? Seriously....
                      You aren't a hipster without a laptop. Seriously, learn the fucking stereotypes.

You can install Linux on Macs too, you know, and macs tend to be more trendy, so hipsters like them.

Comment

Working...
                      X