Linux 4.7 Kernel Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

iotop may help identify which process is responsible, but it may not be userspace. What FS did you see this on?
    Ext4.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
      WTF is 231 lines of Pascal doing in the Kernel?
      Or did the auto tool just misclassify the file?
      Think it's some kind of mistake. cloc lists the following pascal files:
      Pascal (dpr, p, pas)
      Pascal/Puppet (pp)

Personally I didn't find any. But I could be wrong.
      Last edited by kmare; 24 July 2016, 11:03 PM. Reason: formatting

Comment

What about that regression when idling? Has it been fixed? https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...BDW-Power-Test

Comment

I've got Kernel Panic right away. Cpu0 not found. And some string on CPU1 about my motherboard. WTH...

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
            Are you talking about this? For i915?
            Not sure. xgamma on intel has been broken from 4.7-rc1 all the way to rc7. But I think the two patches mentioned in the thread were the solution. They didn't really say there whether they were finally applied though so I'll only see that later when testing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
              Can anyone confirm that there is no high HD usage with this Kernel?
              XFCE User? If you are it's probably "tumblerd" doing that, there is some kind of bug. If you are using Flash with Firefox, it will thrash your disk also.

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
                Not sure. xgamma on intel has been broken from 4.7-rc1 all the way to rc7. But I think the two patches mentioned in the thread were the solution. They didn't really say there whether they were finally applied though so I'll only see that later when testing it.
                False alarm: xgamma -gamma 0.5 works as expected on 4.7 final.
                It was just broken on all 4.7 rcs.

Comment

Michael: If you find time and if there would be an interest for it, how about a codesize bloat from 2.6.x til today? An allnoconfig perhaps? Minimal configurable build.
                  It does not need to run. It is how much the final size of the kernel has grown which is interesting. Ie stuff the kernel cannot live without starting some more invasive tweaking?
                  That would represent a sort of baseline the kernel starts from, sizewise.A bit crude as comparision, but still.

Comment

Needs more vim script.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post

XFCE User? If you are it's probably "tumblerd" doing that, there is some kind of bug. If you are using Flash with Firefox, it will thrash your disk also.
                      Nope. KDE 5.7 with no Flash since 1875.

Comment

Working...
                      X