Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.7 Kernel Officially Released

Phoronix: Linux 4.7 Kernel Officially Released

As expected, the Linux 4.7 kernel was officially released this Sunday afternoon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still far too much assembly code I see.

Comment

Summary of the changes and new features merged in the Linux kernel during the 4.7 development cycle

Comment

ctrl+f "gamma"
        No results.

I hope they did fix it or redshift users will be disappointed by that regression.

Comment

WTF is 231 lines of Pascal doing in the Kernel?
          Or did the auto tool just misclassify the file?

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
            ctrl+f "gamma"
            No results.

I hope they did fix it or redshift users will be disappointed by that regression.
            Are you talking about this? For i915?

Comment

Can anyone confirm that there is no high HD usage with this Kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
                Can anyone confirm that there is no high HD usage with this Kernel?
                What do you mean? Disk thrashing? I haven't noticed anything abnormal, but it may well be a situational thing.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

What do you mean? Disk thrashing? I haven't noticed anything abnormal, but it may well be a situational thing.
                  When I tried 4.7-rc7 the hard-drive usage was way above normal, I don't really know why.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post

When I tried 4.7-rc7 the hard-drive usage was way above normal, I don't really know why.
                    iotop may help identify which process is responsible, but it may not be userspace. What FS did you see this on?

Comment

Working...
                    X