Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Size Of Different DRM Graphics Drivers In Linux 4.7

Phoronix: The Size Of Different DRM Graphics Drivers In Linux 4.7

Last October I looked at The Size Of The Different Open-Source Linux DRM/Mesa Graphics Drivers, but with it being nearly one year since then and Linux 4.7 due out today, I decided to run some fresh L.O.C. measurements on the popular DRM/KMS drivers to see their current sizes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nouveau has its firmwares embedded in the source code ... so the comparaison is a little unfair

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
      Nouveau has its firmwares embedded in the source code ... so the comparaison is a little unfair
      well, especially, because the firmware source files are also included

Comment

Damn! AMDGPU loves the header files at 440k lines of code while the detected C code by cloc comes in at just 102k lines of code.
        Yep... the difference is that the radeon header files just include #defines for the registers/fields we are actually using, while amdgpu header files include pretty much everything whether we are using it yet or not.
        Test signature

Comment

Wow... one-line message got auto-moderated. The poor thing must be bored.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            Wow... one-line message got auto-moderated. The poor thing must be bored.
            It would be nice if the moderator had some stats per user to base it's decision on: (amount of posts-(m*amount of auto moderation accepted+n*manual moderation))/amount of posts . I would say that N>>M. And this can be used as a factor to base the validity score on.
            Fortunately I have seen it 3 times or so...
            But if that's not possibly, a white list would be fine. I would reckon you wouldn't post something that would bring shame to your company tag ;-).

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post
              It would be nice if the moderator had some stats per user to base it's decision on: (amount of posts-(m*amount of auto moderation accepted+n*manual moderation))/amount of posts . I would say that N>>M. And this can be used as a factor to base the validity score on.
              Fortunately I have seen it 3 times or so...
              But if that's not possibly, a white list would be fine. I would reckon you wouldn't post something that would bring shame to your company tag ;-).
              More likely Michael is (yet again) using default settings because of lack of time.

Comment

Mmm... I am just wondering, but the license headers in those files should amount for a fair number of comment lines, especially for the driers that gets a high file count, no?
                Last edited by M@yeulC; 25 July 2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X