Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Releases "Life Is Strange" For Linux

Phoronix: Feral Releases "Life Is Stange" For Linux

The latest Linux game port by Feral Interactive is the Life Is Strange title with all five episodes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You got the title wrong. It reads "Life is Stange".
    The R is missing.

Comment

Feral has something that officially supports AMD? Life is strange indeed...

Comment

Wow, I wasn't expecting this. Awesome news.

Comment

Wow. So someone finally told feral Nvidia isn't the only GPU maker..

Comment

Wow, that's a surprise Yet the game works quite decent with wine. As for the game i have to say i'm not a big fan of this game type. So i was somehow forced to play it with my girlfriend - in fact i had to thank her because it is one of the better games i've ever played.

Testing performance:
            There is no ingame benchmark so it is only what i can observe while playing. 1920 x 1080, details high, MSAA off. GPU: HD 7850.
            OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD PITCAIRN (DRM 2.45.0 / 4.7.0-rc7-mainline, LLVM 3.9.0)
            OpenGL core profile version string: 4.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 12.1.0-devel (git-ea6b236)
            wine + csmt: 25 - 40 fps, average about 30-32 fps
            wine + nine: 59 - 81 fps, agerage around 62-65 fps - it took a little longer to load everything, maybe because of my not so great cpu xd (amd 860k)
            native: 50 - 67 fps, average around 55 fps

not so bad port as it might be. To be honest i'm really amazed how good radeonsi driver works. Next time i'll try to check windows performance to

Comment

Port report, video and thoughts of mine available here for those interested: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...-included.7682

Comment

They even tested the game with mesa officially this time, it's awesome!

Comment

First episode is free. I recommend to try it.
                  If you can get over the fact, that it is a bit of a teen drama and the characters are all stereotypes and there are some logic errors, it is really a good game. Although it really does start more in E2 than E1.
                  Good storytelling, good soundtrack, not so good graphics but nice artstyle, full of atmosphere, emotional if you like...
                  Last edited by juno; 21 July 2016, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I can really recommend this game. I liked it a lot.. It´s different from a lot of other games..
                    The reall interesting stuff happens in EP3+ it´s worth buying IMHO, it´s liek buying a ticket to a movie theatre, but you have like 8-10 hours of playing.

Comment

Working...
                    X