No announcement yet.

Wine-Staging 1.9.11 Begins Looking Towards DOOM On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks that the closed beta worked under Wine. Then they released the public beta, and it almost worked - the just needed to implement support for some new encryption - which they think they sorted just after the public beta was over. So when the final thing came out, everyone had high hopes of it working... only they added the stupid stupid DRM scheme. Screw Id.

Comment

I think studio-developed games are overrated anyway. Look at some open-source ones that exist. Speed Dreams, flightsims, Terasology, even MegaGlest is awesome. Planeshift, not to mention. Oh, Pioneer, lol! I play that one the most *_*

Comment

Well I can live without Doom if the studio is now that much linux-hater.

There is so many native good titles remaining in my library

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
          I think studio-developed games are overrated anyway. Look at some open-source ones that exist. Speed Dreams, flightsims, Terasology, even MegaGlest is awesome. Planeshift, not to mention. Oh, Pioneer, lol! I play that one the most *_*
          Watching that video on the first part of the article told me not to expect much form the game. Another yawn-inducing FPS. And a remake at that Same old gameplay, and quite simply the water-like shiney effects covering EVERYTHING kind of takes away from the immersion all these games claim to be. Bring back Keen!
          Hi

Comment

I could play Rage with Wine pretty well and OpenGL games seem to be a perfect target for Wine. This time a copy protection is in the way but as there is no easy solution i hope that Wine devs make it run. With upcoming Vulkan support the game would even more interesting for Linux gamers. But most likely the copy protection does not support Linux (it is meant for Windows) so I don't expect a native Linux release soon.

Comment

Any game that makes Wine run better is a good thing. 1.9.11 wasn't a performance update, but my stump Windows apps sure run better.

Comment

Working...
              X