No announcement yet.

The Next Mesa Version Is Turning Into A Monstrous Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit that's a lot, what are we getting out of it?

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
      Holy shit that's a lot, what are we getting out of it?
      A Vulkan driver, along with GL 4.3, ES 3.1, and lots of performance improvements.

Comment

Can't wait for the time when OpenGL is complete and more time can be devoted to performance and bug fixes. I would love to see features like Adaptive Sync (ala Freesync) make it's way to the opensaucey drivers along with an official GUI control center (pls,pls,pls,pls).

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

A Vulkan driver, along with GL 4.3, ES 3.1, and lots of performance improvements.
          And that new SWR highly-threaded software rasterizer from that group at Intel.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Interesting will be what comes with OpenGL 4.6, the only way to jump to mesa 14
            Implying that 4.6 wouldn't be finished along with 4.4/4.5 in time for Mesa 13.

Comment

Mesa 13 will be branched when enough drivers support OpenGL 4.5. But i dislike a bit many 13.x releases ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                What are you talking about OpenGL 4.3 was there before today but not for Intel.
                not for intel it was enabled whole two days before intel
                But that wasn't the case with my posting it was that mesa should rather freeze in time
                they did freeze in time. intel asked for schedule extension by one week in advance to land their 4.3 stuff

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post
                  Can't wait for the time when OpenGL is complete and more time can be devoted to performance and bug fixes
                  for radeonsi already most time is devoted to performance and bug fixes

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    they did freeze in time. intel asked for schedule extension by one week in advance to land their 4.3 stuff
                    Where i live 10days is not a week, and when i typed about it was still not released and it wasn't clear when it would be released.

Comment

Where i live 10days is not a week, and when i typed about it was still not released and it wasn't clear when it would be released.
                      you typed during holiday with complaint that you are already waiting two days

Comment

Working...
                      X