Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.7 To Support The Expensive Xbox One Elite Controller

Phoronix: Linux 4.7 To Support The Expensive Xbox One Elite Controller

The Linux 4.7 kernel is going to include out-of-the-box support for Microsoft's Xbox One Elite Controller...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish the Xbox One Controller usb wireless receptor get support soon. I bought one thinking it already got support, but is collecting dust now.

Unfortunately the Steam Controller is not officially available here in Brazil, and if you want one you have to pay some scammers close to 150 dollars. if you buy it from Amazon, after shipping and taxes, it got close to this too.

Comment

Wait a second, so… a 10$ noname gamepad I bought 3 years ago works just fine without any special support because unknown China devs are smart enough to use the standard, but XBox One one for 149$ doesn't work, because MS devs are silly enough to invent their own incompatible with the World protocol? Oh, com'on who would even buy that?

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
        Wait a second, so… a 10$ noname gamepad I bought 3 years ago works just fine without any special support because unknown China devs are smart enough to use the standard, but XBox One one for 149$ doesn't work, because MS devs are silly enough to invent their own incompatible with the World protocol? Oh, com'on who would even buy that?
        Exactly.. it looks like they want to make windows exclusive pad, so linux users have to buy windooze

Comment

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
          so linux users have to buy windooze
          They don't care about linux. It's windows 10 exclusive, they want to force windows 7 and 8 users to switch, not linux.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            They don't care about linux. It's windows 10 exclusive, they want to force windows 7 and 8 users to switch, not linux.
            Your point of view is understandable. But unless the devs would tell that the intention is to force win7/8 users to jump off — of course they'll never say that — I prefer the Hanlon's razor, that's an occasion for joking on them.

Comment

Wait a second, so… a 10$ noname gamepad I bought 3 years ago works just fine without any special support because unknown China devs are smart enough https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_human_interface_device_class"]to use the standard[/URL], but XBox One one for 149$ doesn't work, because MS devs are silly enough to invent their own incompatible with the World protocol? Oh, com'on who would even buy that?
              Mmh.. no.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post

Mmh.. no.
                Yeah.

Comment

It's a habit too strong to resist for them. They did so for decades. Must... make... standard... interfnaaaah, let's just make a totally new interface.

Comment

Working...
                  X