Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

As I play Skyrim on High o.O
    Because you have OP hardware compared to the system requirements and you're brute-forcing it. Hardware that runs the game at highest settings 1080p with 4AA at 30-40 fps under windows runs it at 5-10 fps at minimum settings in wine. You could probably run it at 4k ultra settings with mods if wine wasn't in the way. Sadly Bethesda doesn't like native ports.

Comment

Wolfenstein ran better than in Win6, except the latest, which I played a little on Win10. Curious about DX12 games and maybe Doom as it's Vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

Because you have OP hardware compared to the system requirements and you're brute-forcing it. Hardware that runs the game at highest settings 1080p with 4AA at 30-40 fps under windows runs it at 5-10 fps at minimum settings in wine. You could probably run it at 4k ultra settings with mods if wine wasn't in the way. Sadly Bethesda doesn't like native ports.

Wrong, because you don't use Gallium nine:

Some games do even run faster with Gallium nine than native Windows.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          Hardware that runs the game at highest settings 1080p with 4AA at 30-40 fps under windows runs it at 5-10 fps at minimum settings in wine.
          Ah, so that is why I can't even launch Diablo III reliably while running Windows 7, let alone play it and when playing it via wine, I have no such issues?

"Buy better hardware" -- Well, obviously anything will run better on better hardware... but, to point out your own argument in that case, then we're just bruteforcing it.

Comment

I want to see how AMD Gallium-Nine+DR3 compare to Nvidia Proprietary+CSMT in Wine. I have a feeling the AMD cards may outperform Nvidia cards.

Comment

Something I noticed, Killing Floor 2 now launches (albeit with massive graphical corruption), as does Warhammer: Kill Team (which is kinda sorta playable). KF2 was always supposed to have a GNU/Linux version (which is why I bought it... learned way back then never to buy games in advance when support is advertised), and it looks like Wine's going to get the game running under GNU/Linux before the team with the source code can.

Either that doesn't say much for Tripwire, or it says a lot about Wine. Maybe a bit of both.

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
                Something I noticed, Killing Floor 2 now launches (albeit with massive graphical corruption), as does Warhammer: Kill Team (which is kinda sorta playable). KF2 was always supposed to have a GNU/Linux version (which is why I bought it... learned way back then never to buy games in advance when support is advertised), and it looks like Wine's going to get the game running under GNU/Linux before the team with the source code can.

Either that doesn't say much for Tripwire, or it says a lot about Wine. Maybe a bit of both.
                that is some good news. im going to test far cry 3 in dx11 mode this summer when i get it in steam summer sale.

Comment

Originally posted by iBloodLust View Post
                  that is some good news. im going to test far cry 3 in dx11 mode this summer when i get it in steam summer sale.
                  Still no luck with Far Cry 3 in DX11 mode (the game opens a blank screen in windowed mode, but can't draw anything yet). DX9 mode continues to run fine. Very much looking forward to modern builds of the Far Cry engine running, as I wouldn't mind playing Far Cry Primal at some point.

Comment

Working...
                  X