Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threaded Input Finally Lands In The X.Org Server

Phoronix: Threaded Input Finally Lands In The X.Org Server

The X.Org Server Git code finally has the threaded input support that's long been a work-in-progress...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So what does it mean, in layman's terms? What's with the razer mouses picture?

Comment

Nice...

I understand it will reduce input lag in games + make Xorg perform better. Really welcome change.
      I understand some important Xorg threads are all running on one CPU at a time. Including graphical stuff. It will detach Input threads from it.

Comment

I wonder why are they using the pthreads API rather than C99 threads?

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
          I wonder why are they using the pthreads API rather than C99 threads?
          C11 Threads, actually. Unfortunately they're not implemented by the compiler, but in the library (libc) level, and the only libc implementation with support for it is the musl libc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitiquinho View Post
            Unfortunately they're not implemented by the compiler, but in the library (libc) level...
            I didn't study this, but what's the problem with that other than being implemented only by "musl libc"?

Comment

Originally posted by Bitiquinho View Post

C11 Threads, actually. Unfortunately they're not implemented by the compiler, but in the library (libc) level, and the only libc implementation with support for it is the musl libc.
              Interesting, I didn't know that. I thought that GCC had full C11 support, so apparently it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                I didn't study this, but what's the problem with that other than being implemented only by "musl libc"?
                Apparently musl is just a toy library and all real men use gnu lib c.

Comment

jacob Like it has been said - it's feature implemented in library, so gcc has full C11 support, glibc doesn't. here is nice libc implementations comparison: http://www.etalabs.net/compare_libcs.html

cl333r I believe it's sufficient reason as most linux distributions rely on glibc,, not musl.

Comment

isnt this one of the reasons why peple always complain about csgo on linux?

Comment

Working...
                    X