AMDGPU-PRO BETA 2 Driver Is Playing Nicely On Ubuntu 16.04 With The R9 Fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomsymbol

I don't believe it. Post output of your glxinfo please.
    i made a video Alien Isolation on amdgpu-pro hd 7790 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBNfsdZV-o
    and a little earlier I tested with mesa radeonsi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoAxC2tnocA and I will retest with mesa ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by BangoMopar View Post
      If this is true, that's great news as I can finally upgrade to Kubuntu 16.04. Can someone else confirm this? (I have a R7 260x).
      Below is what bridgman himself said
      The hybrid driver installs a new amdgpu kernel module which handles power management and reclocking... the comments about needing a newer kernel only apply if you are using the amdgpu code in the kernel.

i.e. the AMDGPU PRO hybrid driver installation on ubuntu does what needs to be done to make things work.
      So like I said that's why the hybrid driver works fine on my R9 290, don't confuse this with AMDGPU all open stack.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

I don't believe it. Post output of your glxinfo please.
        here- it's saved as a doc

output was too long to post directly, forum didn't allow

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
          here- it's saved as a doc

output was too long to post directly, forum didn't allow
          use pastebin or something similar...

Comment

I have it running well on my 390x, only issue is tearing problems. I would like to enable vsync/tearfree but I'm afraid of significant FPS hit due to it. Hope freesync can come to these drivers at some point in future, really would LOVE to use that as it'll fix allot of problems for me.

Comment

Is there going to be a separate article when AMDGPU-PRO gets updated to support more cards (like GCN 1.0 ones)?

Comment

You can always try installing it on whatever card you have, see what happens. Just be prepared with the command line to uninstall it in another tty if something goes wrong. (actually its one of the easiest AMD drivers to uninstall)

Comment

My card doesn't seem to be supported yet (R9 280X) but maybe I'll try installing it. But do I need to have a specific version of kernel? I'm running on XanMod right now.

Comment

Ubuntu 14.04+ based OS. Works fine with Kernel 4.6, I had to enable CIK support to get my 390x working with it for whatever reason (it partially worked without that but crashes so I dunno).

Comment

A GPU driver that supports a grand total of 7 cards.

Truly, we are fourth class citizens.

Comment

Working...
                      X