Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft's .NET Now Works On NetBSD

Phoronix: Microsoft's .NET Now Works On NetBSD

Microsoft's .NET Framework as an open-source project now has support for NetBSD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is not the full .NET Framework stack. It is just .NET Core. Nice nonetheless.

However, I didn't find System.Security.Principal and System.Diagnostics.Debug in .NET Core.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      This is not the full .NET Framework stack. It is just .NET Core. Nice nonetheless.

However, I didn't find System.Security.Principal and System.Diagnostics.Debug in .NET Core.
      System.Security.Principal is a windows specific API what would you do with it on Unix? Sure you could wire it up to your username and userid but that doesn't mean it will get you anywhere or be useful for the same things that same API is used for on Windows.

Comment

And you need Linux for CoreCLR Debug x64 and CoreFX Debug x64.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
          System.Security.Principal is a windows specific API what would you do with it on Unix? Sure you could wire it up to your username and userid but that doesn't mean it will get you anywhere or be useful for the same things that same API is used for on Windows.
          At least for fun — aren't that funny when WindowsIdentity returns instead BSDIndentity? At most because as far as API is part of a standard, any app may safely assume it is available and working.

To me more interesting when they get fixed primary selection — that doesn't work with .net apps at all.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
            Because ASP.NET MVC had HttpContect.User.Identity that the interface IIdentity and was fed with a SecurityPrincipal I believe. But maybe that is changed now in MVC 6.

Comment

Working...
            X