Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Graphics Performance: Clear Linux vs. Xubuntu 16.04 LTS vs. Fedora 23 Xfce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael, Any chance you could add a plain Ubuntu to the follow-up?

Comment

Originally posted by chimpy View Post

I don't know what you're talking about, there aren't any Debian + xfce fanatics in the Phoronix forums . . . . oh wait a second
      Haha yes, speak of the devil

Comment

You're right, that does work! I was grepping in the wrong xorg log to check if it was enabled

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

It is not fun to write shit to the Internet, you only make yourself look a fool.
          http://www.computerweekly.com/blogs/...o-airlock.html
          In what it is an argument? Oh, welp then : Google uses Ubuntu, anything else must be terrible if they don't use it!
          Also, in a lot of those benchmarks, stable ubuntu has better performance than Debian stable (Testing repos is not really meant for everyone).

Keep off your fanatism out of the internet. Harrass your neighbor so they use Debian + XFCE, no need to bother the whole internet with it. Don't worry, we're smart enough to make choices.

Comment

use ubuntu unity and not xubuntu, double fps

Comment

I wish I could claim some kind of knowledge about how performant F23/XFCE were, but I was happily surprised to find my environment perform so well in this testing. Yay?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                It is not fun to write shit to the Internet, you only make yourself look a fool.
                We whole-heartedly agree...

Comment

Originally posted by chimpy View Post

I don't know what you're talking about, there aren't any Debian + xfce fanatics in the Phoronix forums . . . . oh wait a second

Xfce is better compared to kde and you are not allowed to have a different opinion than me. /sarcasm

Seriously though I still think kde has too much going on its to big and complexed. Maybe its kubuntu, but I keep finding bugs that hurt usability. 16.04 shipped with broken widgets, and they been broken for over a month in the dailybuilds. How did it not get fixed? Idono.

edit: I just realizes that was very specific. Oh god I'm one of them now...
                  Last edited by DIRT; 05 May 2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

ubuntu becoming more irrelevant each day. No wonder they team with microsoft.

Comment

Working...
                    X