Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.21.1 Release Starts Cooking New Features For GNOME 3.22

Phoronix: GNOME 3.21.1 Release Starts Cooking New Features For GNOME 3.22

Matthias Clasen announced the release today of GNOME 3.21.1 as the first development release in the road towards GNOME 3.22...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

the Themes in Gnome-tweak-tool seems like a Good Feature i will look forward to

Comment

I remember reading from Reddit that Gnome does not support resolutions dpi settings of each monitor on Wayland. Is there plans to support that?
      Last edited by CuriousTommy; 30 April 2016, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CuriousTommy View Post
        I remember reading from Reddit that Gnome does not support independent resolutions on Wayland. Is there plans to support that?
        Do you have a link to the Reddit thread? Just curious to read it!

Btw, when you say "independent resolutions, I guess you mean multiple monitors with different resolutions? Or what is it exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post

Do you have a link to the Reddit thread? Just curious to read it!

Btw, when you say "independent resolutions, I guess you mean multiple monitors with different resolutions? Or what is it exactly?
          Here is the Reddit thread.

Let's say I have a internal 4k display and I want to connect to a 1080p monitor as a secondary monitor. I want the 4k display to have a 2x dpi while the 1080p display to have a 1x dpi. The current situation is that DPI settings seem to be applied to both of the monitors (So the 1080p monitor also has a 2x dpi scale). From what I read, X11 does not support this and requires a workaround; however, Wayland should support this, although Gnome does not seem to have to support. Sorry, the wording was a bad choice of mines.
          First of all, I'm very happy fedora worked with my ultrahd screen out of the box, the scaling of everything works like magic. I tried so many...
          Last edited by CuriousTommy; 30 April 2016, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Initial Steam support for GNOME Software - wuuut?

Comment

Working...
            X