Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coreboot Gets Ported To A Unique Industrial Board

Phoronix: Coreboot Gets Ported To A Unique Industrial Board

The latest motherboard to receive mainline Coreboot support is the Siemens MC_BDX1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish the MacBook or Dell XPS13 "Sputnik" had support for Coreboot.

Comment

Some older Macbooks are supported by Coreboot, and even by libreboot.
      Anything newer from Intel however uses the Intel ME, Boot Guard or other insidious things which force you to stay with proprietary software.

Comment

Wow. What incredible unbelievable news.
        An employee of a company used a FLOS piece of software for a hardware device the company he is employed at manufactures. A product so obscure not only you can not buy, but google knows nothing about it, other than this news.
        /s

This is not a jab against the site, This is just me being extremely puzzled at what sometimes the FLOSS community considers an achievement.

Comment

Okay, it was an Siemens engineer doing this one, but I wish they would do more generic consumer mainboards (Socket AM2(+), AM3(+) anyone?). Or thin clients; available and affordable stuff to the public. There are so many boards out there and still in use, but the Coreboot/Libreboot people seem to work only on niche solutions, big server boards that are hardly available or / and very expensive. And "modern" laptops suffer from unsupported chips that are crucial to get coreboot to run...
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
          X