DXVK 2.4 Released With Direct3D 8 Support, Native WSI Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 2.4 Released With Direct3D 8 Support, Native WSI Improvements

Phoronix: DXVK 2.4 Released With Direct3D 8 Support, Native WSI Improvements

DXVK 2.4 has been released for this Direct3D over Vulkan API implementation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

on dx9 compatibility up in my case***, however i think stay related to replace** d3d8.dll - d3d9.dll - d3d10core.dll* - d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll

*also duplicate d3d10core.dll and renamed as d3d10.dll will be usefull for some apps

**this replacement must be putted in respective folders aka 32bit libraries on windows/syswow64 and 64bit libraries on windows/system32

***since sometime will be needed in some cases put dxgi as native in winecfg but now solve various titles like:

and dxgi as native is no more required in my case

this is a little test to show dxvk 2.4 on dx8 side (for a more screen pass here: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2024/0...-of-game-fixes)

Last edited by pinguinpc; 10 July 2024, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Fixed pipeline layout compatibility issues when using graphics pipeline libraries, which would cause crashes or rendering issues on AMD's official drivers with pipeline libraries enabled
      That doesn't change the fact that AMD's drivers shouldn't hard reset the entire system when that happens.

Comment

It was nice to see Deus Ex Invisible War with the DXVK HUD.
        I was surprised to see how many Direct3D 8 (TM) games there actually were: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Li...rect3D_8_games

Comment

Are there benchmarks comparing WineD3D to crosire's d3d8to9 + D9VK to D8VK somewhere?

Comment

Yes! Even more games for Steam Deck and Linux in general!!!

What happened to the DX1-DX7-on-Vulkan project? Will that be merged into DXVK as well?

Literally being able to play any game at least as a thought is quite exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
              Are there benchmarks comparing WineD3D to crosire's d3d8to9 + D9VK to D8VK somewhere?
              AlpyneDreams (D8VK dev) made one a year ago (scroll down). D8VK won most of the benchmarks, and that was before a year of improvements and being rebased with dxvk 2.3.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikr1848 View Post
                What happened to the DX1-DX7-on-Vulkan project? Will that be merged into DXVK as well?
                As far as I know, there's no Dx1-7-on-Vulkan project, no plans for one in the future.
                DXVK devs are against implementing/merging older versions of DirectX... so any hypothetical "D7VK" would have to exists as an independent fork.

For games so old, the only options are WineD3D (which translates them to OpenGL) or the closed-sourced, Windows-only DGVoodoo2 (which translates them to DirectX9-12). There's also DDrawCompat for running them in Windows.
                Last edited by Rccero; 11 July 2024, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X