Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LXD 6.1 Released With Automatic Core Pinning Load Balancing, Fixes Hosts With 64+ CPU Cores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LXD 6.1 Released With Automatic Core Pinning Load Balancing, Fixes Hosts With 64+ CPU Cores

Phoronix: LXD 6.1 Released With Automatic Core Pinning Load Balancing, Fixes Hosts With 64+ CPU Cores

Canonical today released LXD 6.1 as the newest version of this Ubuntu-focused solution for managing virtual machines (VMs) and containers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Remember when FOSS was about community-driven development, transparency, and empowering users? Now, it's where big players call the shots, where open-source becomes just another buzzword for corporate dominance.

We need to keep questioning these moves. Are snaps really improving our experience, or are they a trojan horse for corporate control? We're trading our freedoms for convenience? As users and advocates of FOSS, we have a responsibility to push back against this encroachment, to demand transparency and user empowerment.

So, next time you see that tempting snap package, think twice. Ask yourself if it’s a step forward for FOSS or just another signpost on the road to corporatization. Our community’s future depends on it.

Comment

LXD 6.1 also fixes support for running virtual machines on hosts with more thna 64 CPU cores present... There was an "issue" with LCD that it couldn't start VMs on hosts with more thna 64 CPUs but is now resolved.
      Uhm, typoo??

Comment

Does the fork (Incus) has this feature?

Powerful system container and virtual machine manager - GitHub - lxc/incus: Powerful system container and virtual machine manager

Can anyone look at it? Please...

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
          Does the fork (Incus) has this feature?

Powerful system container and virtual machine manager - GitHub - lxc/incus: Powerful system container and virtual machine manager

Can anyone look at it? Please...
          I assume you mean the fix for starting VMs on systems with > 64 CPUs? I took a look. Yes, the fix was committed in Incus a day before it was committed in LXD, and it was Stéphane Graber that authored the change.

Incus: https://github.com/lxc/incus/pull/64...8b7601a941cde4

LXD: https://github.com/canonical/lxd/pul...5ec0ac180fe3c7

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post

I assume you mean the fix for starting VMs on systems with > 64 CPUs? I took a look. Yes, the fix was committed in Incus a day before it was committed in LXD, and it was Stéphane Graber that authored the change.
            I'm pretty sure GP meant the core pinning load balancing feature.

Comment

Working...
            X